Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any chance somebody can confirm the part number of the VW ID.4 Homelink rear view mirror that can be fitted to the Q4 to provide this function? I think I'm seeing two different parts; one that ends with an L and one that ends with a D.
The part number I was going to order (but haven't yet) was 000072548L. What are the two you are looking at?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, that's the part number I was thinking is correct (000072548L). I ran into the other part number when I ran a search on a local dealer's site and I'm not convinced it came back correctly. I think the D version is for the Tiguan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use this one:

How does the app detect when you are leaving or arriving? Does it just use GPS to detect you've left and close the door or when you arrive and open the door?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any chance somebody can confirm the part number of the VW ID.4 Homelink rear view mirror that can be fitted to the Q4 to provide this function? I think I'm seeing two different parts; one that ends with an L and one that ends with a D.
My research showed 000-072-548-L - "Enhanced Rear View Mirror with Homelink".
Good DIY installation video -

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my q4 and I am trying to figure out if I can setup my garage door opener. Can someone please help
Depending on the make of your garage door opener, it can be fixed. Mine is an Aladdin Connect and I was able to tell the app on my phone that I wanted to send info to Siri to open and close the door and once I selected those options it works great just using my voice to tell “Siri, open door 1 or close door 1” which is how mine is named.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just test drove a 2023 Q4 etron Prestige and was impressed by the overall design. The sales rep confirmed that the garage door function is available in the MMI touch display (not rear view mirror). If you have a 2023 Prestige model, can you please confirm if the following functionality (YouTube link below) in the MMI display is available or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
it’s not challenge your salesman to show you where it says that!

the vwid4 homelink mirror is plug n play

Just test drove a 2023 Q4 etron Prestige and was impressed by the overall design. The sales rep confirmed that the garage door function is available in the MMI touch display (not rear view mirror). If you have a 2023 Prestige model, can you please confirm if the following functionality (YouTube link below) in the MMI display is available or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Which model did you end up installing? How did you remove the existing mirror?
That's the one I bought. There are youtube videos for the ID4 on installing it -- procedure is identical.
Pull the outer piece of trim out.
Slip the other piece of trim over the mirror.
Rotate the mirror bracket slightly (1/8 turn?) to release it.
Unplug the connector.
Plug in the new mirror.
Snap the new mirror bracket in.
Slip the trim piece back over the mirror.
Snap the outer trim piece in.

Took me about 3 minutes. The mirror should come with instructions for calibrating the compass based on your location.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How does it look compared to the Audi mirror?
The ID.4 mirror looks practically the same as the Audi mirror, just a bit wider. Does not look out of place at all. You'd never know it is not the mirror that came with the Audi. All functions on the ID.4 mirror work perfectly. As others have said, it's easy to install. Takes maybe 5 minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone who's actually installed the ID.4 mirror confirm the exact part number? There are several variations of Volkswagen Homelink mirrors some listing for as much as $900. Most all have the basic part number 000-072-548 with different letter suffixes. I believe the one we need is "L" (which is only around $225).

21 - 40 of 48 Posts