Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can someone who's actually installed the ID.4 mirror confirm the exact part number? There are several variations of Volkswagen Homelink mirrors some listing for as much as $900. Most all have the basic part number 000-072-548 with different letter suffixes. I believe the one we need is "L" (which is only around $225).
I purchased this part: 000-072-548-L

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just gave this swap a try and failed miserably. The OEM rear view mirror did not want to budge. Can somebody comment on the amount of force it seemed to take to rotate the existing mirror and unclip it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just gave this swap a try and failed miserably. The OEM rear view mirror did not want to budge. Can somebody comment on the amount of force it seemed to take to rotate the existing mirror and unclip it?
You took the trim pieces off first?
It was a significant amount of force... and counter clockwise. Here is a video of someone else doing it:

·
Registered
3 Posts
You took the trim pieces off first?
It was a significant amount of force... and counter clockwise. Here is a video of someone else doing it:
After watched the video, I just ordered the rearview mirror thru local VW dealer, they are offering black Friday sale Nationwide with 20% discount thru 11/27. I will pick it up instead of shipping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just following up on this, I found it helps to use the left side of the existing mirror to gain just a tad bit of leverage while rotating it toward the driver side to remove it. Grasp the base with the right hand and left side of the mirror with the left hand and twist. Pops right off. Programming the homelink buttons with one of the old handheld openers we have was dead simple. Great upgrade that should have been included from the start.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts