Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Q4 45 e-tron quattro
12 Posts
Audi Q4 – Poor product, nice car

Finally somewhere to let off steam!
Q4 manufactured in July 2022. Only had the opportunity to drive a few hundred Km.

Unsurprisingly, car show rooms and reviewers get fully loaded versions. Being a Graduate Engineer, I am more interested in functionality than toys; my Q4 is fairly unloaded, therefore.

I know that buying a car in Europe is different from the UK market - it comes with very little. Everything is a chargeable option, plus there are groups of options designed to confuse, called packages. It’s all made very unclear, even with them over lapping in some cases, but designed to upsell the purchase.

After the now standard long wait, I was looking forward to my new Audi Q4. My disappointment only grew as I uncovered 10 failings and discovered that neither the Dealer, Importer nor Audi (who are uncontactable) were unconcerned to do anything about it.

Hence my title: Audi Q4 – Poor product, nice car

I split my list into 3 sections: Should be improved, not fitted and not working. Briefly it is like this.

1. I chose the option to change the dash decor panel from silver to wood. Not only has it nothing to do with wood but it is a stuck on film of plastic, whose edge is coming off because it has not been wrapped around the corners.
  2. The stylish rear light bar doesn’t light up; allegedly it only does so if you buy the £1,300 ‘disco lighting’ package.
  3. There is no solution to a flat tyre provided, except call the brake down service.
  4. I asked to buy an English manual – cost £90 delivery 3 months. No online link, pdf or print version available; only after you have got home and registered, can you see one.

1. You get rear parking sensors but not front ones. This option costs £1,600.
  2. There was no domestic outlet charging cable. There is one for purchase for £770 but it is actually not available, as its not certified.
  3. Unless you order the 3 zone ventilation control option (£1,000) there is no central, floor, adjustable air vent to the rear cabin.

We are talking Audi here, aren’t we, I hear you asking? Yes, I forgot to notice if rear ventilation was standard! But then again, I didn’t ask if there were 4 windows and if they all opened! And it didn’t say.

And then there are the items which cannot be brushed under any carpet

1. The automatic clock is 2 hours out. Apparently, Audi knows and has it in hand but that is all they promise.
  2. When you leave the car, all your chosen settings are supposed to be saved for your next return. I don’t think that is the case, either that or some other software set items are not functioning. Since you cannot establish what is supposed to happen it is very difficult to say it isn’t working. When you ask the question, you are told that is not available on your version, even if it is there.
  3. The killer:The on-board charging timer is not working. Now that I have an acknowledgement of the issue, Audi state that no solution is expected before the end of the year. Either I use expensive daytime power or I get up in the night to charge my brand new Audi Q4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Font Gadget Audio equipment Electronic device Multimedia
Mine is definitely 3696. I have had the car (2022) for six weeks. No major issues other than some Favorites (both FM/Sirius) sporadically deleting themselves and the (sometimes) slow loading of my user profile when I start the car.

·
Registered
Q4 45 e-tron quattro
12 Posts
Lucky you! Maybe there are so many software versions that they all do somethingelse and Audi cannot get around to fixing them all. But its not my problem, I am only the paying customer.

The only thing my dealer did was offer to negotiate the return of my vehicle. With no terms, delivery of any alternative many, many months away and no other car currently on the market that I fancied, I decided to take my chances. However, now that I found this forum, I hope I don't regret that.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts