Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2019 E-tron which I've owed for just over 1 month now, I've only recently got it back from the dealership as they have been fixing some other issues (low range, virtual mirrors and wheel arch lining). Last week after a rainy few days I noticed the passenger footwell carpet was soaked, upon investigation it looks like the water is coming in via the sunroof as the headlining around the sunroof area is wet. You can also see water beading down the plastic part of the footwell on both sides but more worrying you can hear water sloshing about behind the dash when going round a sharp corner.

The car is booked back into the dealership at the end of this month for repair but I am worried the water ingress may have a longer impact on the electrics and cause issues after the warranty has expired (12 months time). Has anyone had this issue and has anyone managed to get an extended warranty from Audi?

Hood Automotive tire Grey Synthetic rubber Automotive design

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Grey Vehicle door

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are several TSBs for sunroof fixes. Your dealer should know what to do to fix it. There should be mostly wiring along the path the water takes which is pretty well sealed in cars. It would be worse if the water drips from the headliner in the center of the sunroof. If there is further fall-out damage caused by this down the road, you would expect this to be covered by the repair warranty for this fix. But I do not know anything about warranty regulations in the UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts