Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my e-tron about a week, and when I parked & locked it yesterday, I noticed the right rear taillight flickering just like in this video (not my car):

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer but would love to hear from anyone else who's had the problem and find out what their dealer did to resolve it.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now happening on mine too. I have a 2019 E-Tron. Never a problem before now. I have 16,000 miles on the vehicle. Dealership said to take it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my e-tron about a week, and when I parked & locked it yesterday, I noticed the right rear taillight flickering just like in this video (not my car):

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer but would love to hear from anyone else who's had the problem and find out what their dealer did to resolve it.

Thanks!

Mike
Mine is a 5 months old e Tron 2019. Started having exactly the same problem. Hope it's an easy fix. Did you get your issue sorted out?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thanks!

Mike
Same on my car. Right tail light flickering and the right light for the licence plate is off.
Borrowed a car when mine was in for reapir, and this car had the excact same problem.

Andreas (Norway)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I contacted the Audi workshop yesterday (28/2) and told them that the tail light had to be fixed because it is flickering from time to time. The right licence plate light also turns off at the same time. I was informed that the original part number for the tail light was locked and a replacement part comming soon. I was to be informed when the new part will arrive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have exactly the same issue with my car, but intermittently. Dealer to have a look on Monday 9 March. I will keep you updated on what they tell me. This thread was really helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have exactly the same issue with my car, but intermittently. Dealer to have a look on Monday 9 March. I will keep you updated on what they tell me. This thread was really helpful. Thanks!
Dealer says this issue is well-known. Rear led lights will be replaced. No discussions what-so-ever. Got an A3 courtesy car with a big excuse that the E-tron courtesy had not yet been delivered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dealer says this issue is well-known. Rear led lights will be replaced. No discussions what-so-ever. Got an A3 courtesy car with a big excuse that the E-tron courtesy had not yet been delivered.
Hi Chris,
Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same issue on mine. Didn't realize it was an issue until I dropped my car off at dealer Monday morning to have the new software loaded and the taillights did exactly this while in the service bay. Audi Technical Support initially told them to upload the firmware, but that didn't work. Now awaiting the replacement tail light assembly. Was told that the part is arriving Monday, but highly doubt that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my e-tron in for service for something else and they said they saw the tail lamp flicker and replaced it automatically. I also bought my e-tron as a CPO (it was a service loaner) w/5K miles on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I contacted the Audi workshop yesterday (28/2) and told them that the tail light had to be fixed because it is flickering from time to time. The right licence plate light also turns off at the same time. I was informed that the original part number for the tail light was locked and a replacement part comming soon. I was to be informed when the new part will arrive.
Having the same issue now - right rear license plate light is out, and the right side of the tail light strip is flickering. Clearly a serial defect here....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same thing with mine after 3k miles. Dealer said they'll replace the taillight and that'll fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same on my car. Right tail light flickering and the right light for the licence plate is off.
Borrowed a car when mine was in for reapir, and this car had the excact same problem.

Andreas (Norway)
Same problem on my 2020 model started after 3000 miles. I have a new problem the the cooling system, check coolant level. Hope to bring it in the dealer today

·
Registered
15 Posts
2019 e-tron, 193 miles ... called the salesperson to let him know first since I barely put enough miles on the car to cover twice the distance to the dealership. The salesperson said he'd check with service and got back to me immediately. "Bring it in, there's a service bulletin out for this." Check out Audi TSB A9120422058647_1 — 2019 e-tron | CarComplaints.com. So I should be seeing DTCs if I plugged my VCDS cable in. Hmm! Maybe it's just a matter of time before they start hitting the virtual cockpit. That explains why some folks are seeing errors thrown.

I'm a little concerned that there are already 95 TSBs out for this car. 😕

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drove 75 miles each way to the dealership just so that I can wait three hours and have them break the edge trim on both sides (4KE945255A and 4KE945256A). This is why I don’t go to dealerships.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,

I'm ready soon to take delivery of a Prestige model. There are a good amount of posts pertaining to the back taillight and the fact that it needs to repaired after a certain period of time. Is it safe to assume this will happen on all 2019 models, or was there a specific set of VIN's that it occured on? Maybe another way to phrase the question is how many have not had an issue with their taillight?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts