Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
221 Posts
Hi all,

I'm ready soon to take delivery of a Prestige model. There are a good amount of posts pertaining to the back taillight and the fact that it needs to repaired after a certain period of time. Is it safe to assume this will happen on all 2019 models, or was there a specific set of VIN's that it occured on? Maybe another way to phrase the question is how many have not had an issue with their taillight?

Thanks.
Just moved your post over to this "master" thread on the taillight issue. Even though you typically only hear about the failures on a forum, there have certainly been quite a few reports on the issue. My suggestion is that if you aren't having the problem, not to worry about it too much. It's under warranty.

I will note that mine work fine (for now) and look pretty sweet at night. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had mine, 2019 launch edition 6.6k miles for 5 weeks, done about 350 miles. Got in the other morning to work, bing bing two alerts, rear brake light fault and number plate bulb failure. Booked in at Audi tomorrow to replace it under warranty.
I’d already read of the issue and it hasn’t put me off as it’s a great car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, have mine for 12month+ now ... and will have the tail-lights replaced second time, next week ...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, have mine for 12month+ now ... and will have the tail-lights replaced second time, next week ...
Hmm, I was afraid of that becoming a recurring issue ... let's hope the next one they install is of a later revision.

·
Registered
Warranty Administrator
4 Posts
As of today October 15, 2020.
The current replacement taillight under TSB #2058647/2 is:
4KE945095E
We are seeing at least one repair a day and as high as three in one day.
Damage code is 0033 which seems to indicate that it is caused by corrosion of the electrical components within the housing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As of today October 15, 2020.
The current replacement taillight under TSB #2058647/2 is:
4KE945095E
We are seeing at least one repair a day and as high as three in one day.
Damage code is 0033 which seems to indicate that it is caused by corrosion of the electrical components within the housing.
Awesome ... meanwhile, Audi Columbia (SC) broke both ends caps while replacing the center taillight so it was exposed to moisture. I ended up buying and installing the caps myself as it has been a few months and I haven’t received the parts from the dealership. Note to self: update Google review.

·
Registered
Warranty Administrator
4 Posts
Awesome ... meanwhile, Audi Columbia (SC) broke both ends caps while replacing the center taillight so it was exposed to moisture. I ended up buying and installing the caps myself as it has been a few months and I haven’t received the parts from the dealership. Note to self: update Google review.
If the dealer truly broke the end caps, then they should pay for the repair, have them charged internally. You probably shouldn't have left the dealer. Sorry to hear this was done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the dealer truly broke the end caps, then they should pay for the repair, have them charged internally. You probably shouldn't have left the dealer. Sorry to hear this was done.
They didn’t have them in stock so they wanted me to drive back down a few weeks later. It’s too far for that mess. They reluctantly agreed to ship them to me. Clearly that hasn’t happened.

UPDATE: Called and asked for the manager this time. He was kind enough to call back and tell me they're still waiting on the parts. Well, I don't understand how I was able to get them within two weeks and he still hasn't got them but I'll take them when they finally arrive. It's a part that apparently breaks easily so I have a feeling this isn't the last time this will happen. Also, if you need them, the part numbers are 4KE945255A and 4KE945256A and you can get them at a decent discount at Audi of Virginia Beach: 4KE945255A - Audi Tail Light Bracket. ON LIFT GATE | Audi Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach VA

·
Registered
5 Posts
... also seems to be a bigger problem, Hamburg dealership broke „only“ my left end cap ( will be changed next week together with my winter tires )

·
Registered
19 Posts
... also seems to be a bigger problem, Hamburg dealership broke „only“ my left end cap ( will be changed next week together with my winter tires )
Each dealership has to have one in stock if only to look at before trying to remove one from a car. They work like nothing else trim-related at Audi so mechanics just pull hard thinking that does the trick and then realize “aah, Scheiße!” 😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
😜...def.!!! I looked and the broken part and tried to understand the geometry of the 5 (minus 1) hooks ... no chance

·
Registered
5 Posts
... that‘s good. As long as you hear „oh Scheiße“, they didn‘t cut the „orange cables“ ☝

21 - 35 of 35 Posts