Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently took delivery of a 2019 Audi Etron. I am wondering if it is safe to take it though the car wash. Just wanted to read the general opinion in the forum.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great way to check for leaks as there have been many owners with leaks from the sunroof area. It might have been the earlier models that had this problem. My 9/19 build e-tron has been perfect so far (3 months, 2800mi).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I suggest you avoid automatic car washes or any other "harsh" washing technique for the first few months of a car's life. Modern water based paints don't fully harden for several months and are more susceptible to scratching.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have taken mine through a few times with no problem. I have used a "brushless" automatic wash near me. They do no want me to turn off the engine, so before entering I turn of "automatic parking assist" and "braking assist".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suggest you avoid automatic car washes or any other "harsh" washing technique for the first few months of a car's life. Modern water based paints don't fully harden for several months and are more susceptible to scratching.
I agree excellent advice. I have a Porsche Cayenne that was right from the factory that developed tons of paint chip because the paint was not cured. I traded it on another Cayenne that had been on the lot for 6 months and not a single paint chip. Also be careful with touchless laser washes they can actually scratch more than the ones that touch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I have recently took delivery of a 2019 Audi Etron. I am wondering if it is safe to take it though the car wash. Just wanted to read the general opinion in the forum.

Thanks a lot.
Take mine through all the time. Be sure to turn off automatic windshield wipers and fold in mirrors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Optimum no rinse + dry me a river waffle towels. You can wash a car in 10 minutes with half a gallon of water, and also save your paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts