Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title.

This really does have to be good news! The effective monopoly which has seen the motorway network chargers fall behind so badly over the past few years will hopefully now start to be sorted out.

It won't happen overnight of course but this really does have to be good news for all serious EV owners.

More details

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
241 Posts
Yes I agree this is pretty good. In isolation it's good news but combined with Ionity's network slowly expanding and other providers deploying 100kW+ charge stations it really does make journey planning simpler and adds in decent contingency for plan B.

Checking progress they've upgraded 17 sites so far and have said in the past that all old charge points will be upgraded by the end of July 21. Not sure if that target will be achieved but progress looks good.

There's a google maps overlay showing the sites complete, in progress, due next. But I've lost the link!

Here it is not official, but handy. Zap Map also updating with upgraded points relatively quickly: Electric Highway 2021 Upgrade - Google My Maps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts