Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don’t want to highjack this thread and I don’t have my car yet though I did spend a weekend a while back driving a taycan turbo s and there was a significant difference when changing modes. My Range Rover’s and my F Pace SVR have dynamic modes that also change the cars behavior and performance. I was curious what dynamic mode does in the GT from what I read in the manual all it says is it gives it a more sporty feel but it does not exactly say how it does that
Well you kind of are so.....

1) Sound profiles:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

2) Shift Program:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Pattern

Audi drive select mode “efficiency”
The transmission unit remains exclusively in 2nd gear to provide maximum range. Only in transmission position R is the shift state
for 1st gear applied to provide reverse gear.
Reverse gear is then applied by reversing the direction of rotation of the electric motor.
Audi drive select mode "comfort"
In comfort mode, the vehicle drives prioritizes 2nd gear for driving off, and remains in 2nd gear. The vehicle only switches to 1st
gear to provide maximum performance at speeds below approx. 50 km/h with a very high load requirement from the driver.
Audi drive select mode "dynamic"
In dynamic mode, the vehicle drives off in 1st gear. Depending on the load requirement, the vehicle shifts into 2nd gear starting
from speeds between approx. 70 km/h and 110 km/h. As a rule, the vehicle shifts back into 1st gear if the driving speed falls below
this range. The exact speed at which the downshift occurs depends on how the vehicle is being driven.
Special shifting behavior
When the vehicle is driven in transmission position D, 2nd gear is normally used for driving off. If position R is selected and then
position D, 1st gear remains selected initially. Only after reaching a driving speed above approx. 20 km/h does the vehicle shift into
2nd gear.

3) Ride height
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

4) air spring system, shock absorber damper adjustment, air spring volume adjustment
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Event

You can see that the driving mode is one of the many parameters that go into the suspension adjustment settings as they will vary dynamically and real time based on sensor input and various states the car is currently in.
Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

Rectangle Font Number Pattern Art

The general function of the entire system (generating and dissipating pressure, boost function, integration of accumulator in regulating
processes, actuation of solenoid valves, pressure measurements) corresponds to that of the adaptive air suspension in the
Audi Q7 (type 4M).
The main new feature is the introduction of the three-chamber air springs.
Integrating the wheel acceleration sensors in the entire system for the first time increases
precision when detecting the vehicle dynamics. The development aim was to retain the familiar operating and display concept from
other Audi models with adaptive air suspension. The desired mode can also be selected in Audi drive select on the Audi e‑tron GT.
The modes have been specially defined and applied to the Audi e‑tron GT.
Various adaptive air suspension regulating characteristic maps are activated depending on the setting selected in Audi drive select.
Every mode has a defined vehicle level when the vehicle is stationary and a corresponding damper characteristic map. Automatic
changes to the levels are initiated by the regulation depending on the vehicle speed.

Electronic damping control is standard equipment on the Audi e‑tron GT. The system’s design and functions fundamentally
correspond to those of the systems used in other Audi models. A new feature is that the acceleration of unsprung masses
can be detected by four separate sensors.
Single-tube dampers with inner regulating valves are used.
The driver can specify the damping characteristics via the drive select setting selected.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I guess I am guilty of that thanks and where do you get all this information? Being a very old wrenching guy who has always done things by hand all this newfangled tech is a whole new world for me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
OP here. I used the short term memory consumption meter measuring KWh/100 km. I was using cruise control going 125 km/hr. Nothing changed other than flipping between Comfort and Dynamic. Gear ratio should not be a factor. I was surprised to see any difference hence the question.
Perhaps the range is anticipating that you will have some stops and therefore shift into 1st gear for starting to roll, even if not using aggressive starts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve moved to a township whose population density is under 90,000. The surrounding area has hills but is mostly flat with 35-45 mph speed limits. Besides the fact that in Efficiency mode the car’s suspension is lower to the ground, I’ve noticed that the car seems regenerate on declines much more intuitively, and though it’s never enough to offset zero consumption, it certainly is consuming a few less kH/mi. The major difference I’ve noticed in Efficiency mode is the acceleration when at a full stop. When there’s no one in my rear view, and I’m not in a hurry, the amount of energy it takes to resume to the set drivers assist speed is an acceleration that’s noticeably more gradual than all the other driving modes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well you kind of are so.....

1) Sound profiles:
View attachment 5253
2) Shift Program:
View attachment 5254
Audi drive select mode “efficiency”
The transmission unit remains exclusively in 2nd gear to provide maximum range. Only in transmission position R is the shift state
for 1st gear applied to provide reverse gear.
Reverse gear is then applied by reversing the direction of rotation of the electric motor.
Audi drive select mode "comfort"
In comfort mode, the vehicle drives prioritizes 2nd gear for driving off, and remains in 2nd gear. The vehicle only switches to 1st
gear to provide maximum performance at speeds below approx. 50 km/h with a very high load requirement from the driver.
Audi drive select mode "dynamic"
In dynamic mode, the vehicle drives off in 1st gear. Depending on the load requirement, the vehicle shifts into 2nd gear starting
from speeds between approx. 70 km/h and 110 km/h. As a rule, the vehicle shifts back into 1st gear if the driving speed falls below
this range. The exact speed at which the downshift occurs depends on how the vehicle is being driven.
Special shifting behavior
When the vehicle is driven in transmission position D, 2nd gear is normally used for driving off. If position R is selected and then
position D, 1st gear remains selected initially. Only after reaching a driving speed above approx. 20 km/h does the vehicle shift into
2nd gear.

3) Ride height
View attachment 5255
4) air spring system, shock absorber damper adjustment, air spring volume adjustment
View attachment 5256

You can see that the driving mode is one of the many parameters that go into the suspension adjustment settings as they will vary dynamically and real time based on sensor input and various states the car is currently in.
View attachment 5257
View attachment 5258
The general function of the entire system (generating and dissipating pressure, boost function, integration of accumulator in regulating
processes, actuation of solenoid valves, pressure measurements) corresponds to that of the adaptive air suspension in the
Audi Q7 (type 4M).
The main new feature is the introduction of the three-chamber air springs.
Integrating the wheel acceleration sensors in the entire system for the first time increases
precision when detecting the vehicle dynamics. The development aim was to retain the familiar operating and display concept from
other Audi models with adaptive air suspension. The desired mode can also be selected in Audi drive select on the Audi e‑tron GT.
The modes have been specially defined and applied to the Audi e‑tron GT.
Various adaptive air suspension regulating characteristic maps are activated depending on the setting selected in Audi drive select.
Every mode has a defined vehicle level when the vehicle is stationary and a corresponding damper characteristic map. Automatic
changes to the levels are initiated by the regulation depending on the vehicle speed.

Electronic damping control is standard equipment on the Audi e‑tron GT. The system’s design and functions fundamentally
correspond to those of the systems used in other Audi models. A new feature is that the acceleration of unsprung masses
can be detected by four separate sensors.
Single-tube dampers with inner regulating valves are used.
The driver can specify the damping characteristics via the drive select setting selected.

Sooo Great and Amazing info! Really appreciate!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts