Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a fairly good week of usage (100% charge, efficient driving when possible), I’m having issues charging at EA sites. I tested 2 sites and multiple chargers at each, not working. Keep getting a charging error. I went home after not being able to use the fast charging system, then I plugged in with the home charger, it started working, with no errors.
I noticed at the second site, it prompted me to activate the free charging. I have activated it and have used it twice before. I don’t know if is due to app or EA system. I also tried via their app and it won’t charge there,either.

Anyone experienced charging issue since the maintenance system update?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The home charging completed normally, set to 80%, the mileage listed is 197. Completed 203 miles with 18 left to empty by the time I got home. Had 4 people plus work bags in the car and a couple of folks charging their phone, driving at 85 to and from getting some treats, which I’m sure played a role in me not making it to the 245 I calculated by the middle of the week. Had 105 range left but yesterday was really hot, I also had to use the AC, instead of just the fan to keep the cabin comfortable.

It was probably a good thing that I started to look for a fast charger and wasn’t too far from home when the charge issue came up. EA offered me a free charging session due to my car not being able to charge at their locations. I’m hoping this gets resolved soon. We had to take the car home and get the hybrid to take our friend home. Still want to hear if others had any charging issues at EA locations.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the charging issue seemed to have resolved itself, I still believe this was due to the update. Yesterday morning, I got multiple errors on start up about the assistance items, none stayed on the screen, so I drove to work. On the way home I got a Drive System Fault error, restarted the vehicle, still comes up. Took the car home and locked it waited 5 minutes, unlocked and restarted, same issue. I noticed after a few minutes the range and battery level was going down, normally the range goes up after the car is parked but this time it wasn't. Plugged the car in with the timer set to start after 11pm.At 4:45, it went up 2 percent, error still showing. Drove it to the dealer. On the way, while at a light, I saw a message pop up saying that my subscriptions were restored. At the dealer, the App no longer showed the fault but the car was. Got a loaner and left it for them to look at.

The saga continues.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prior to the update I was happy to not be experiencing some of the things mentioned here. Can’t say the same about after, not sure what they did but they could have at least added some extra features.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Well, Audi mentioned about better connectivity and I can confirm that the Connect Prime and Prime Plus features are MUCH faster and more integrated and automatic than before.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I’ll have to wait until I get mine back to check things out. For now, I got a new relatively Q7 to drive around, just a little over 5K miles on it. It’s really strange how little storage space in in the center console for a car of this size. The XC90 does better with the packaging. They weren’t able to look at my car yesterday, let’s hope I’ll have some news today. I’m not hopeful as I noticed 2 more being dropped off while I was there and they told me they only have a few certified e-tron techs. Each time I have stopped by to pick up something, I have noticed @ 2 e-trons in the shop. I have to say though, the shop is very clean.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my car back today, the Drive system fault threw n error for a faulty coolant valve but the tests were inconclusive as the test ended. The faults was cleared and a test drive done, no more codes came up. On the charging issue, a software update was performed (TSB 2061788/3) and the faults cleared. It was charged and tested again after a drive and it seems fine. Hopefully no more of these. Hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts