Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been using my credit lately doing longer travel and have noticed that it’s extremely expensive in South Florida. For instance to charge from 40% to 100%, the cost was close to 40 usd. I went to a non electrify America charger today off the Florida Turnpike and used a Florida power and light charger from 40 to 100% and the cost was only 13 USD. Obviously huge difference, why would anyone use electrify America?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, to take advantage of the credit, I would assume, but if the rate is outrageously out of line, then the credit benefit is pretty much a sham. Have you compared the published charging rates on the various websites of the EV charging companies. Maybe the Audi app is malfunctioning....wouldn't be the first problem that app has had!

·
Registered
29 Posts
EA prices are sky high - back in Jan-Feb, I planned out two Spring trips using a few EV planning apps and the costs using mostly EA chargers was over twice the cost of using gas in my Q7. Even with the free credit, I still thought I would most likely use the Q7 for these longer trips. I've been to four different EA stations six times and have yet to see another EV charging at one of the chargers. I'm hoping for more level 3 charging stations from Chargepoint and EVgo here in souther Wisconsin in the next year or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts