Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just passed 4K in the e-tron, do I have to book into a garage or is there a quick reset? I can’t afford the time being nhs so don’t want to have the car in garage for weeks on end, is it a simple fix? Emergency call function fault: function unavailable contact workshop.
Thanks
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Just passed 4K in the e-tron, do I have to book into a garage or is there a quick reset? I can’t afford the time being nhs so don’t want to have the car in garage for weeks on end, is it a simple fix? Emergency call function fault: function unavailable contact workshop.
Thanks View attachment 3258
It looks like there’s a problem with the wider myAudi service which can cause this. Mine is doing the same sat on the driveway. Typically the outage clears in a few hours and the car will log back on without a problem. If it persists past 24hrs give the workshop a shout but as I say it’s normally short lived.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Been 3 days so far
If you are talking about the regular etron quattro (not the Q4, or GT) I had the SOS problem after driving through a remote area with NO cell service. For some reason the car does not like that and will not reconnect. I did this twice. The first time a drove fairly quickly through the Dead Zone and got the error, but overnight it cleared itself. The second time, I hung around in the Dead Zone for an hour or so, and in that instance, the error would not clear by itself. Working with my Dealer, the first thing I tried was to do a full shutdown of the car:

Close all the windows, turn off the car, and lock it. Keep all key fobs away from the car and let the car sit for at least an hour. This lets the car go into its deepest sleep. Start it up again and see if the error cleared.

If not, I'm afraid a Service visit is likely needed. There is no "reset feature" through the MMI. As I recall, Service had to remove the communications unit from beneath the rear seat and do a manual RESET on the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts