Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this appear when first starting the car up?

Not sure how / why it appeared - have now done the Reboot to normal mode - but would this come up for any particular reason or was I touching/doing something when I started the car that has then initiated this (although not sure what it would have been??!!??).

I know there would be a backdoor to this sort of thing, but for it to just come up doesnt seem right to me. All I can think is I was doing something, or something went wrong? Im hoping the former?

Thanks all

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I want to know how to get there :)
All I can think I might have done was press the on/off (volume) switch at the same time or within a few micro-seconds of each other as turning on/pressing the ignition button - haven't re-tried at all.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two finger touch in the top right corner of MMI screen ,hold for a few seconds to enter engineering menu. Use the volume knob to scroll up/down push to select.
Perhaps I did lean on the screen - cant remember touching it though...

·
Registered
Warranty Administrator
39 Posts
I know this is a month old, but the Engineering Screen is only for technicians when doing software updates for TSBs, Recalls, and Service actions, where the normal method of using ODIS and the GFF scan tool was unable to properly implement the software update, and had to resort to using the Engineering Screen. Please do not muck about on this screen. This is NOT a special "hidden" menu where you can turn on features or options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts