Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know the impact re delivery time as a result of this latest round of lockdowns all over Europe.

I can’t find anything concrete online but I’m presuming it’s going to have some impact.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has Belgium gone back into lockdown? Havent heard or seen anything recently about it.

Reactions: ciaran85

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi ciaran85, It is difficult to be sure looking on-line but as far as I can see the factory in Brussels is still operating as planned. This is likely as it did not shut during the earlier Belgium lockdown.

My vehicle still has a scheduled build date of week 5 which will be 16 weeks after the order went through from my dealer if that helps. Add a couple of weeks or so for shipping, port/supply chain issues, PDI etc and it probably gets to around 20 weeks all in.

I would be interested to hear from others as to whether scheduled build dates are being met.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My dealer just quoted 20 weeks from the order to delivery so looking around June for mine to arrive
Thats quite optimistic - ordered mine 01 Oct 2020. I was told 16 weeks, however now being told not likely to get it until end of MArch - Build week has been quoted provisionally as 22 February - which will actually be 20 weeks then - plus then 4 to 6 weeks to get car here and to me / end of March will be about 25/26 weeks....6 months :(

Reactions: ciaran85

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the replies. I will update this thread once I receive any updates. My last update was delivery to the dealer on the 12/04/2021 and all going well I would hope to receive delivery at the end of April early May period. With lockdown etc i'm not as anxious to receive the car as soon as possible as I would be in normal circumstances.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks all for the replies. I will update this thread once I receive any updates. My last update was delivery to the dealer on the 12/04/2021 and all going well I would hope to receive delivery at the end of April early May period. With lockdown etc i'm not as anxious to receive the car as soon as possible as I would be in normal circumstances.
When is your confirmed build date? I ordered mine at the end of Aug and was originally tole the build week was Nov this Jan but have just been told it is confirm for 6 Feb. I am thinking a month later for delivery, but will let you know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All, i ordered my e-tron in late July 2020 and was given a build date of the first week of December. The car was actually built one week later than planned, and is currently coming across the water to the UK now. I have been told that I should receive it from the dealer in about a week 🤞

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the update, getting real-world delivery experience is certainly interesting.

Late July order giving late January dealer pick-up (say) makes it 6 months so that gives all those placing orders (or waiting for delivery) something to go with.

Also, from what you say, about 5-6 weeks build to collection.

I wonder if any others have different experiences. I an still not sure if they batch assemble different body styles, battery sizes or even trims.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I an still not sure if they batch assemble different body styles, battery sizes or even trims.
I always wondered if this was the case too.

Looks like the 6 month order > delivery mark is about right at the moment - still not confirmed but my build week hasnt changed for a while and is Feb 22nd - leading on 4-6 weeks from that means an end of March / early April delivery having originally ordered 1 October.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the update, getting real-world delivery experience is certainly interesting.

Late July order giving late January dealer pick-up (say) makes it 6 months so that gives all those placing orders (or waiting for delivery) something to go with.

Also, from what you say, about 5-6 weeks build to collection.

I wonder if any others have different experiences. I an still not sure if they batch assemble different body styles, battery sizes or even trims.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was of the same thought as you regards trim options causing different lead times etc. Im not sure if people choose very few options then their car may come quicker because i have heard stories in the past of some cars taking longer due to shortages of specific parts (i.e. the OLED door screens for the virtual mirrors etc.)

Audi concierge services updated me yesterday that it is now in the UK (arriving via Grimsby port) and will be at the dealer shortly...... Podpoint being installed today!

·
Registered
35 Posts
RobT23, That certainly makes sense as Audi wouldn't want a supply issue with one optional component to slow up the whole production line.

Audi concierge services has been very good in answering my queries. Am I correct in thinking that your phrase "Audi concierge services updated me yesterday" implies that they let you know without you asking?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, audi concierge services have been brilliant updating me, but that is when i ask. They dont proactively update me without me asking 👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
RobT23, How did your Podpoint install go today?

When were you able to set things for the install up with Audi? My dealer said that they needed the VIN to start things rolling with Podpoint but then went on Furlough so I have not been able to discuss it since. Presumably Audi Concierge will be able to give me the VIN when the car is built but I doubt the chap I deal with at my dealer will be back out of lockdown until after that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, the Podpoint install went very smoothly thank you. The engineer took a couple of hours to get it all wired up, and its connected to my wifi and showing on the app now👍 Your dealer has advised you correctly that they cant start the ball rolling with the install booking until you have your VIN number, and you wont get that until the build commences. As soon as you have your VIN you can register for Audi's charging scheme, and the dealer can start processing the Podpoint install. You will still need to fill out all the government grant paperwork for the charger, but essentially it is free to you, with Audi paying the sum (c£450) that you would normally have to pay after the grant has reduced the cost from the normal retail price of about £1,000 i think.

Hope that all helps 👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
That certainly helps, thanks.

Glad your install went smoothly, all you need now is something to plug into it! :)

Did you get your VIN from Audi Concierge?

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, the VIN came from the Audi dealer 👍
Did you get a choice of tethered / untethered - I am hoping that I can choose the tethered so I dont have to keep taking my own cables out all the time and remembering to put them in the car when driving off LOL...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts