Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, yes, you could choose tethered or non tethered on the Podpoint website for the same nil cost. I chose non tethered because i knew it would end up looking as untidy as my hosepipe if i was to stand there wrapping it back up 😂

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like significant delays for us on the waiting list. All the OEM's and in particular Audi are struggling with supply chain issues with microchips.

My dealer tells me to expect a 3-6 month additional wait 😩

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know the impact re delivery time as a result of this latest round of lockdowns all over Europe.

I can’t find anything concrete online but I’m presuming it’s going to have some impact.
Just as way of update, ordered end of Aug and I now have a confirmed build week of week 6. As soon as it has left the factory I will update on expected delivery etc

Reactions: ciaran85

·
Registered
57 Posts
I will look forward to your update with interest.

I am still showing a build week of 5 but I imagine that delivery to the UK will take somewhat longer than yours. I expect that they could drive it to your place from Brussels without stopping to charge. :giggle:

·
Registered
38 Posts

I am still showing a build week of 5 but I imagine that delivery to the UK will take somewhat longer than yours. I expect that they could drive it to your place from Brussels without stopping to charge. :giggle:
Slight untruth! I live just over an hour away from the factory but it has to be picked up in the UK for diplomatic sales tax reasons.

·
Registered
11 Posts

We are also still at Week 5 for Build date. (Dealer confirmed yesterday- having been pushed back from 2020). It’s a Vorsprung 55.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice one Rob - enjoy and let us have some pics / mini review when you have a moment please.

Confirmed with Audi Concierge that Im still provisional week 8 (22/2) having been pushed back from 2020 too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very nice - cant wait for mine - hope its not delayed any more as if it is, wife is going on about leasing an in stock Tiguan as we have to return our Volvo soon so need to get this Audi asap really.

Was that a pick it up from a local public car park ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very nice - cant wait for mine - hope its not delayed any more as if it is, wife is going on about leasing an in stock Tiguan as we have to return our Volvo soon so need to get this Audi asap really.

Was that a pick it up from a local public car park ?
Hi, no it's not a public car park, that background is my work car park. Audi Milton Keynes weren't doing dealership handovers during lockdown so they delivered the car instead 👍

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi, no it's not a public car park, that background is my work car park. Audi Milton Keynes weren't doing dealership handovers during lockdown so they delivered the car instead 👍
LOL - nice - I just asked as there seems to be some strange handover locations chosen. A colleague had their brand new Mercedes dropped off to them in the local pub car park :D - not quite sure why they couldnt get to the house...

·
Registered
38 Posts
LOL - nice - I just asked as there seems to be some strange handover locations chosen. A colleague had their brand new Mercedes dropped off to them in the local pub car park :D - not quite sure why they couldnt get to the house...
Audi MK were going to deliver to my house, but i asked to switch it to my work due to some meetings..... I am sure they would have delivered it anywhere tbh! It was all very safe and COVID compliant 👍

·
Registered
22 Posts
RobT23, How did your Podpoint install go today?

When were you able to set things for the install up with Audi? My dealer said that they needed the VIN to start things rolling with Podpoint but then went on Furlough so I have not been able to discuss it since. Presumably Audi Concierge will be able to give me the VIN when the car is built but I doubt the chap I deal with at my dealer will be back out of lockdown until after that.
Regarding needing the VIN to order the Podpoint charger - I have yet to receive a build date, and therefore have no VIN, but I have bought my Podpoint charger and they are coming out in the next couple of weeks to get it installed (everything sorted, just need to agree a date).
I provided Podpoint with the order confirmation number from the dealership.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Regarding needing the VIN to order the Podpoint charger - I have yet to receive a build date, and therefore have no VIN, but I have bought my Podpoint charger and they are coming out in the next couple of weeks to get it installed (everything sorted, just need to agree a date).
That sounds perfect 👍

Audi MK said they couldnt process the paperwork to get it all done for free until they had the VIN number. I assumed that that was due to me technically still being able to cancel the order if it hadnt physically been built yet..... Great news for you - the Podpoint is a smart piece of kit and gives you lots of insight via the app and using its connection to your home broadband 👍

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for that, very interesting!

Am I correct in thinking that Podpoint has agreed to install the unit without formal confirmation from Audi that they will pick up the bill, just on the basis that you have a scheduled non-confirmed order?

That certainly seems different to other people's experiences. Maybe with lockdown and everything they have changed the way they operate.

If they are handling things it on that basis, it will certainly make things easier for those waiting for their cars to be built.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for that, very interesting!

Am I correct in thinking that Podpoint has agreed to install the unit without formal confirmation from Audi that they will pick up the bill, just on the basis that you have a scheduled non-confirmed order?

That certainly seems different to other people's experiences. Maybe with lockdown and everything they have changed the way they operate.

If they are handling things it on that basis, it will certainly make things easier for those waiting for their cars to be built.
I ordered my car in November and was made aware of the free Podpoint charger offer. Podpoint got in touch with me in December, and added the discount to the basket to get the 7kw charger for free. I then upgraded to the 22kw charger, and paid the £600 difference.
Once the Podpoint order was confirmed, they asked for the VIN which is when I provided them with the order ID from the dealer.
They emailed me to say everything was fine and they want to know when we can get the charger installed.
The difference with me and the others is that I have paid money despite taking advantage of the free charger offer. However, that being said, they were happy enough to start the process with the 7kw charger knowing that the car was only just ordered. The request for an order ID was after the Podpoint order was confirmed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I then upgraded to the 22kw charger, and paid the £600 difference.
Strange - my Audi dealer said I had to wait for the VIN too.

Have you also gone for the optional extra in the car then of the 22kw charge - you are aware its limited to 11 otherwise (except DC rapid chargers of course).

·
Registered
127 Posts
@Chasing Cars @HB1983 - are you still on for build week 5 - next week (was it a confirmed???). At what point did it change to 'confirmed' build week, rather than provisional might change? Mine still hasn't moved from provisional week 8 so as its getting closer I'm forever hopeful it will be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Strange - my Audi dealer said I had to wait for the VIN too.

Have you also gone for the optional extra in the car then of the 22kw charge - you are aware its limited to 11 otherwise (except DC rapid chargers of course).
I wasn't aware of the optional extra that can be added, but will contact the dealer now. I'm aware of the limitation to 11, but given I was prepared to pay for a charger, and Podpoint were giving it away, I thought it makes sense to somewhat future proof myself with the 22kw, given I have the ability to do so.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts