Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wasn't aware of the optional extra that can be added, but will contact the dealer now. I'm aware of the limitation to 11, but given I was prepared to pay for a charger, and Podpoint were giving it away, I thought it makes sense to somewhat future proof myself with the 22kw, given I have the ability to do so.
Check with the dealer, but Im sure I read somewhere that there is an option to 22kw - but only seen it in abroad versions at present - thats why i asked you?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reactions: uhhu_

·
Registered
127 Posts
. I am unconfirmed build week 9, so hopefully there is no issue with making changes.
Thats good going considering you ordered November. I ordered 1 October and have got week 8 (unconfirmed) at moment.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bhuna50, to answer your question (and to keep up to date on delivery times) I was given an unconfirmed build date of week 5 in mid-December which was confirmed (still as week 5) at the end of the first week in January.

I have now been told that the car is in assembly this week so that is exactly 15 weeks from when the dealer sent the order to Audi.

I don't know for sure but I imagine that the cars take no more than a week to assemble. Then it's shipping, customs, PDI at the dealership etc. I have no idea how long that will all take but in my mind I am imagining mid-March for pickup.

We shall have to wait and see....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had further confirmation on my order today. Tild to expect early July which will be 8 months from placing the order.
A friend of mine had his e-tron order pushed back a month today due to an issue with the sunroof. Not sure if people seeing delays have spec'd the panoramic roof 😒

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds like I’ve been really lucky. Ordered 18th Nov and car is now with the dealer, work won’t let me have it till 1st March tho...
Has a pan roof too.
You were very lucky ordered mine in December and just been informed due to shortages it will be a September delivery so a nine month wait 😂. Fingers crossed that the longest and it will come sooner but not holding my breath

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've just been told that my date has been pushed out to week 16 from week 12. Ordered mid-november too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just been told that after a build wk 5 date, it was in Belgium port from the 8/2. It arrived in the Uk port 20/2. Dealer suggests it can take up to 12 days to get the car from port. Then they need the car 2-3 days to sort the car before collection /delivery.
quite excited.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi HB 1983, I am pretty much on a similar timeline, built week 5, a week in Emden then across the sea over the weekend. Arrived in Sheerness this morning.

Have you managed to sort your PodPoint?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi HB 1983, I am pretty much on a similar timeline, built week 5, a week in Emden then across the sea over the weekend. Arrived in Sheerness this morning.

Have you managed to sort your PodPoint?
I emailed the dealer this weekend to ask about the Pod-Point.I’m guessing he’s forgotten as he said he’ll get on with the paperwork...
Luckily I have a 3.7kw available til they fit the 7kw.
I’m guessing it’s potentially a months job? Looking online, pod point are prioritising for essential workers & pure electric cars for their installation.
how about you?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've just been told that my date has been pushed out to week 16 from week 12. Ordered mid-november too.
Oh dear, I was told earlier today that I am still Week 11 - but still not yet confirmed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I emailed the dealer this weekend to ask about the Pod-Point.I’m guessing he’s forgotten as he said he’ll get on with the paperwork...
Luckily I have a 3.7kw available til they fit the 7kw.
I’m guessing it’s potentially a months job? Looking online, pod point are prioritising for essential workers & pure electric cars for their installation.
how about you?
I have not found PodPoint particularly helpful to be honest, they refer me back to my dealer (which is not surprising as it is the dealer which will ultimately be paying their bill).

My dealer says that he has been chasing PodPoint but no luck so far. It doesn't help that the guy I was dealing with at the dealer is furloughed and they are just running a skeleton staff to handle new car deliveries during lockdown.

I guess my real concern is that as my car is now imminent, when I have paid and accepted delivery, I will find it even more difficult to motivate anybody to get things sorted.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have not found PodPoint particularly helpful to be honest, they refer me back to my dealer (which is not surprising as it is the dealer which will ultimately be paying their bill).

My dealer says that he has been chasing PodPoint but no luck so far. It doesn't help that the guy I was dealing with at the dealer is furloughed and they are just running a skeleton staff to handle new car deliveries during lockdown.

I guess my real concern is that as my car is now imminent, when I have paid and accepted delivery, I will find it even more difficult to motivate anybody to get things sorted.
Some people have said they just gave Pod Point the order number or chassis number in some cases and they proceeded with the installation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Some people have said they just gave Pod Point the order number or chassis number in some cases and they proceeded with the installation.
Yes, I did read of at least one poster who has said that but at present that is not my experience. I even ended up with a service ticket raised (with PodPoint) at one stage but it was still referred back to the dealership.

I am going to chase up further to see what can be done.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts