Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2021 E-Tron 50 Black Edition (on order)
35 Posts
In 2017 I ordered a Pod-Point charger though the grant scheme. A copy of the lease contract, with order number was sufficient to progress it. The charger was installed a few months before the car delivery. The condition was that I confirmed the VIN when it was available. I gave them a call and they updated the system, never heard from them again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It looks as though my issue may now be resolved. It turns out that PodPoint had not received the correct authorisation from Audi but that is now being sorted. Maybe PodPoint has tightened up on their procedures, the guy I spoke with was certainly familiar with this being an issue with Audi.

Lloydboy, not sure which brand of car you bought but maybe they had a better (or simply more relaxed) relationship with PodPoint than Audi now seems to have.

Anyway, hopefully all now resolved. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got the online forms e mailed to me and filled out. Relatively easy. Had to submit photos etc. Have you done this?

·
Registered
130 Posts
That sounds like the PodPoint bit you are referring to, that seems pretty straightforward. The issue I had was with the Audi authorisation which Audi have now sorted and apologised.

Just a hiccup I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ahhhh. Yes. I was just checking they’d done the simple bit! I was A little gutted that I had to pay the £350 as we’d already had the 3.7kw fitted 5 years ago...

·
Registered
35 Posts
It looks as though my issue may now be resolved. It turns out that PodPoint had not received the correct authorisation from Audi but that is now being sorted. Maybe PodPoint has tightened up on their procedures, the guy I spoke with was certainly familiar with this being an issue with Audi.

Lloydboy, not sure which brand of car you bought but maybe they had a better (or simply more relaxed) relationship with PodPoint than Audi now seems to have.

Anyway, hopefully all now resolved. ;)
It wasn’t through a dealer or OEM, it was a direct enquiry. The order evidence was needed for the OLEV grant. But I see your situation is different of course.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That makes sense. Yes, the issue here is that Audi is paying for it and PodPoint needed the equivalent of an official order.

They must do hundreds of them via the Audi deal and there is a process in place for it but mistakes can be made in any area of business I guess.

I have been told 2 - 3 weeks but we shall have to see...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Audi Concierge service informed me that my build date is planned Wk13 and it will take up to 4wks to arrive at the dealers. Suggested I reach out closer to the build date to get final confirmation. Ordered circa mid October ’20. So approximately 27 weeks from order to get to the dealers and then they need some time!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Audi Concierge service informed me that my build date is planned Wk13 and it will take up to 4wks to arrive at the dealers. Suggested I reach out closer to the build date to get final confirmation. Ordered circa mid October ’20. So approximately 27 weeks from order to get to the dealers and then they need some time!
That is just so weird how the timescales vary so much. It must have something to do with batching certain specs/options, I can't imagine what else it could be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is just so weird how the timescales vary so much. It must have something to do with batching certain specs/options, I can't imagine what else it could be.
I have a colleague who managed to get one very quickly because luckily his order was exactly the same spec as someone elses order who had their car just about to be built and then they left the company. The dealer just arranged for him to take their build slot and car..... I guess sometimes it is just luck! Mine was 6 months from order to delivery but it was worth the wait 👍

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
By way of update as I realised I haven't provided update for some time on this thread but on @RobT23 thread "My UK car has now arrived".

So my order date was 2nd of November now that's the date I confirmed the order with the lease company and I suspect it might have taken them a week to actually place the order but I can only go of the 2nd of November. I finally got my order number for Audi which allowed me to reach out to the concierge service. I did this around 3 weeks ago and was told I had an unconfirmed build date of Week 22 (May 31st). Obviously I wasn't happy with this so go onto lease company and they said there is a backlog and big delays and lease customers are lower priority than retail customers.

Doing a bit more research I came across this Audi Brussels halts production for a week due to microchip shortage

It might explained why build dates are getting pushed back when the factory is closed for a whole week.

I've spoken with lease and I have the option to change my order to Mercedes EQC Prestige line which I would get in May but having done some research i'm not so sure and personally I like the look of the e-tron better. Seems you can lose up to 30 miles by turning on the heater (apparently it comes back if you turn it off again and reset) and there is also phantom drain issue with one owner claiming it was 5 miles a night. I won't have charging at home so losing 5 miles a night isn't great. The range on long journeys would be better but I live in London and don't do many long journeys. I'm still thinking about it but feel like i'm leaning to continue with my e-tron order and hopefully get it by early July.

I spoke with Audi concierge yesterday and my build date was brought up a week to Week 21 (May 24th). If this stays unchanged then based on previous posts and information from lease company I can expect it to be at least 5 week from build to it getting delivered to me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
..... they said there is a backlog and big delays and lease customers are lower priority than retail customers.
That explains it then, nothing to do with spec/trim, simply whether on not a finance company is involved. We will have to wait for others to comment but maybe all of those who have had their deliveries delayed have ordered through finance companies. I had not considered that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That explains it then, nothing to do with spec/trim, simply whether on not a finance company is involved. We will have to wait for others to comment but maybe all of those who have had their deliveries delayed have ordered through finance companies. I had not considered that.
Not sure I agree as mine was through a work lease scheme (ordered on the scheme 18th Nov, JCT600 confirmed spec on the 23rd Nov so order not placed till then at the earliest and it’s been at the dealer a week waiting collection.
Spec was 55 black edition C&S pack with pan roof and a few other options.
The variation seems very inconsistent with no clear logic, I’ll ask the dealer when I collect.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds similar to how mine was going but Im still on an unconfirmed build week of 15 March at moment - I have doubts on this as usually people have been confirmed 4 to 5 weeks before their build week.

Mine is through a work salary sacrifice / lease scheme too.

Originally ordered 1 October with view that I would have had this mid January LOL. At one point I went to a mid April build week and then to a 23 Feb (this week) build week back to week 12 and currently week 11 (unconfirmed).

@ciaran85 - we are considering cancelling if it gets delayed any more and were looking at potentially the EQC but not heard of the 'Prestige' version. My concern here though is Im a big lad and their seats look a little tight in the AMG line. (what work/scheme lease company are you through - mine is Tuskers)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ooh some good news (for me).

Audi concierge have just let me know this morning that my build week of 15 March (Week 11) is now confirmed. So hopefully going on that, its about 4 to 6 weeks after build for delivery of the car so looking at end of April - ooh it might be here for my birthday on the 24th :).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Sounds similar to how mine was going but Im still on an unconfirmed build week of 15 March at moment - I have doubts on this as usually people have been confirmed 4 to 5 weeks before their build week.

Mine is through a work salary sacrifice / lease scheme too.

Originally ordered 1 October with view that I would have had this mid January LOL. At one point I went to a mid April build week and then to a 23 Feb (this week) build week back to week 12 and currently week 11 (unconfirmed).

@ciaran85 - we are considering cancelling if it gets delayed any more and were looking at potentially the EQC but not heard of the 'Prestige' version. My concern here though is Im a big lad and their seats look a little tight in the AMG line. (what work/scheme lease company are you through - mine is Tuskers)
@Bhuna50 when in the Mercedes configurator if you select "EQC 400 4MATIC AMG Line" and then you select the 21 inch alloy wheel it appears as a pop up showing the premium package. I have heard about the seats and also the back can be a bit claustrophobic. There is another forum like this that I've spent the last couple of days looking in which is also useful.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We are considering cancelling if it gets delayed any more and were looking at potentially the EQC but not heard of the 'Prestige' version. My concern here though is Im a big lad and their seats look a little tight in the AMG line. (what work/scheme lease company are you through - mine is Tuskers)
If you are seriously the EQC then you should go for a test drive.

We had 4 cars out for test drives :

Audi e-tron
Mercedes EQC
Jaguar i-pace
Tesla Model X

The EQC definitely felt the smallest inside when driving.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you are seriously the EQC then you should go for a test drive.

We had 4 cars out for test drives :

Audi e-tron
Mercedes EQC
Jaguar i-pace
Tesla Model X

The EQC definitely felt the smallest inside when driving.
Been trying to get a test drive for a few weeks but due to lockdown - no garage is allowing it.

However, following this mornings good news of a confirmed build week we are going to wait on the Audi. It was kind of a self ultimatum if by next week we didnt have a confirmed week or if it had moved back again then we would seriously have to look at other cars (EQC due in at lease company or other stock items elsewhere) as our current lease car has to go back very soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I may have Bummed, car was due to be collected 3/3.... but now I asked the dealer to reassess the finance as Audi are offering 4% APR because of their “3 months free payments” compared to their 6% which is agreed on - many moons ago....
anyone have any experience with renegotiated finance? Is it literally starting al over again??? Although the 2% difference is literally £100 pcm difference

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Wk13 is now Wk15 unconfirmed. I only asked 1 week ago! This is ridiculous 7 months from order.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts