Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
That’s pants. I feel your pain! Mine is now at the dealer, dash cams being fitted as we speak, I get to pick my number plate tomorrow and pick it up Saturday. Yay. Good things come to those who wait. I did order December 2019!!! So I’ve waited 60 weeks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I certainly feel for lloydyboy. A build date moving back two weeks in just a single a week is crazy.

As for 60 weeks in total, that is insane.

I am now slightly behind you with car still at Sheerness. Picked my number plate last week, I'll collect it next week I guess, we shall have to see...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was bumped from week 12 to week 16 in the space of 10 days. I was notified yesterday I've been brought forward to week 14.

Given the ongoing Covid situation, there is no possibility to test drive any other car in the UK with a view to switching over. That said, the only alternative through my lease company is the Tesla, or EQC which has a 3 week delivery. All other EVs are 12 weeks+
I've heard too many bad things about the steering, and turning of the GLC to realistically consider the EQC (which is the same car?)

I really feel for those people who have waited a lot longer. To wait over a year is terrible, but you must really want the vehicle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some good news for me also. Just had a build date of week 13 confirmed. My original est. date was week 8, so a delay of 5 weeks from an order made mid-November.

·
Registered
2021 E-Tron 50 Black Edition (on order)
35 Posts
Glad to see some improvements on build weeks. I will see what Audi concierge say next week but in the meantime the dealers told me average lead time quoted today is 21 weeks. Apparently even though I placed the order early October it was well into November when the factory “accepted” the order.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Some good news for me also. Just had a build date of week 13 confirmed. My original est. date was week 8, so a delay of 5 weeks from an order made mid-November.
Excellent news for you. Must admit it seemed strange not actually writing to Audi Concierge this week LOL :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Apparently even though I placed the order early October it was well into November when the factory “accepted” the order.
I had a similar experience, ordered late October, factory allocated a build week of week 5 in November. The good news was that once allocated, it never moved.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If it's any help for you lloydyboy (and others who may look at this) it has taken my e-tron exactly 20 weeks from order placement to delivery.

That includes all parts of the process. My build date was 15 weeks after order (when quoted, it never moved in either direction) and then shipping and travel to my dealer took 5 weeks.

Given what some posters have said on here, there may well be a wide variation from car to car but hopefully this 'real world' timing will be helpful to some.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If it's any help for you lloydyboy (and others who may look at this) it has taken my e-tron exactly 20 weeks from order placement to delivery.

That includes all parts of the process. My build date was 15 weeks after order (when quoted, it never moved in either direction) and then shipping and travel to my dealer took 5 weeks.

Given what some posters have said on here, there may well be a wide variation from car to car but hopefully this 'real world' timing will be helpful to some.
It does seem really strange and have no idea what the rationale is behind their queuing system I ordered 30 September, although order says 1 October - I've had varying dates for build week and it was only confirmed the other day as week 11 (15 March).

Its obviously to do with parts in etc and due in and must relate to optional items being ordered I assume.

Oh well, I have another quiet week this week and will wait until the end of the week of the 15 Mar to ask how its gone...hoping that it will then be at Emden.or even on a boat if Im lucky LOL

With any luck it will be here for my 51st birthday near the end of April :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
You were very lucky ordered mine in December and just been informed due to shortages it will be a September delivery so a nine month wait 😂. Fingers crossed that the longest and it will come sooner but not holding my breath
hi
we are very similar. I ordered my 50 technik without any extras at all at the end of December. I was originally quoted a delivery end of May and a couple of days ago they bumped me to a week 30 build (=end of July) with delivery a month later. Very disappointing! I am too a company car/lease car order

·
Registered
280 Posts
Worked out the reason for the delays in mine - they've just sent me a picture through of my car starting off on the production line and obviously it has two component out of place:

Reactions: lloydyboy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Think the factory found some Duracell’s (other battery brands are available). Audi concierge have confirmed build week 14!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I’m waiting to Friday to see if any update on mine as it’s in building this week 😀

Reactions: lloydyboy

·
Registered
35 Posts
They said it was Order Status 20, I found this on another forum. I am guessing EV factory in Belgium runs similar process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Think the factory found some Duracell’s (other battery brands are available). Audi concierge have confirmed build week 14!
hi lloyboy

how do you get access to the etron concierge? I read you only get that after delivery? it would be helpful so that I can enquire about my delivery due date

·
Registered
280 Posts
hi lloyboy

how do you get access to the etron concierge? I read you only get that after delivery? it would be helpful so that I can enquire about my delivery due date
if you have your order number from your dealer, WhatsApp 0800 049 7101 and ask them if they wouldn’t mind letting you know if you have a build week allocated yet.

they will ask you to confirm a few details about the order to register you on their system.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi lloyboy

There’s a post on this forum somewhere. Think the service was designed for after sales but they kindly answered. I sent a WhatsApp asking if they could help with build date, to +44 800 049 7101. You need your 8 digit Audi order number and model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Update from Concierge today. My vehicle is in final build steps (started wk14). They said they normally advise 2-3 weeks from start to finish of build and then a few weeks for the Audi systems to update (think I read someone say similar before). So it’s apparently on plan.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Update from Concierge today. My vehicle is in final build steps (started wk14). They said they normally advise 2-3 weeks from start to finish of build and then a few weeks for the Audi systems to update (think I read someone say similar before). So it’s apparently on plan.
Thats good.

Here are some timescales of build weeks near yours:

This is the timeline so far:

My order:
Ordered 01/10/2020
Actual build week: 11 (15/03/2021)
Left factory: Tuesday 13/04/2021
Arrived Port of Exit: 15/04/2021
Arrived port of entry: (waiting a ship)
Arrived Dealer: ????
Delivery date: ????

(I'm sure @uhhu_ wont mind me sharing his timescales):