Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have a question Im hoping someone can address for me. Does anyone know if the rear light animation for Etron GT comes as part of the comfort and sound pack option? I know the C+S pack adds the matrix dynamic light sequencing to the front headlights, but there is no mention anywhere of whether the rear lights also get the animation.
Does anyone know?
Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks will do. I took some further screenshots on the configurator that show the standard GT with C+S, one with C+S Plus and the Vorsprung which I'll post here. Looking at the Headlights area of the spec, there's a specific difference in the wording between GT and GT Vorsprung (sorry to be the bearer of bad news). The screenshots are below, the first two apply to both the Comfort and Sound Pack and Comfort and Sound Pack Plus. The second two are the Vorsprung which makes specific reference to the coming/leaving home function of the light bar...

Will let you know if the dealer informs me otherwise but I don't think cars without laser lights will do anything more than the dynamic sweep of the rear indicators (not sure they do it at the front).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks will do. I took some further screenshots on the configurator that show the standard GT with C+S, one with C+S Plus and the Vorsprung which I'll post here. Looking at the Headlights area of the spec, there's a specific difference in the wording between GT and GT Vorsprung (sorry to be the bearer of bad news). The screenshots are below, the first two apply to both the Comfort and Sound Pack and Comfort and Sound Pack Plus. The second two are the Vorsprung which makes specific reference to the coming/leaving home function of the light bar...

Will let you know if the dealer informs me otherwise but I don't think cars without laser lights will do anything more than the dynamic sweep of the rear indicators (not sure they do it at the front).

View attachment 2457 View attachment 2458 View attachment 2459 View attachment 2460
Thats a shame. Im still waiting for Audi to get back to me for a second opinion, but doesnt seem hopeful so far..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heard back from a dealer and also an owner of a non-Vorsprung non-RS model. Sadly it seems as though there are no animations on front or rear lights over and above the dynamic sweeping indicators. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. To get this resolved once and for all (hopefully) one of the dealerships has a non vorsprung demo car with the C+S pack and is going to check to see if the rear lights do animate in the dark and will send me an email with a video showing the animation. I'll let you know once I get the video. They believe that as long as the C+S option has been chosen the front and rear lights will animate...

·
Registered
181 Posts
So this is what I have seen...

"Coming home and leaving home animation: character made visible
The top-of-the-line headlights offer another characteristic feature: coming home and leaving home animations at the front and rear. The leaving home sequence, which is activated when the doors are unlocked, is inspired by the power of a sound wave: The illumination of the individual elements builds up quickly and strongly, then retreats briefly before going all in the second time. With the RS model, the animations are even more dynamic."

@Sam_boxer hopefully this is what your dealer will be able to demo in the video as the C+S packs both upgrade the lights to these.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it looks like the dealer couldnt demo the lights because it was day time and the animations only work in the dark. He is concinced that if the C+S option is chosen which adds the matrix headlights that both front and back will get animations.

Still not sure, but nevermind. I guess I'll find out once I get delivery of the car in Nov!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, it looks like the dealer couldnt demo the lights because it was day time and the animations only work in the dark. He is concinced that if the C+S option is chosen which adds the matrix headlights that both front and back will get animations.

Still not sure, but nevermind. I guess I'll find out once I get delivery of the car in Nov!
Hmmm, if the dealer takes the lights out of Auto to 'force' them into thinking it's night time that should be enough to decipher if they do or not.

EDIT Having said that, looking at the etron SUV manual, it needs the 'ignition' on to manually power the lights (page 48 of the manual) so if that's the case then you wouldn't be able to replicate.

Was in touch with a Youtuber who also owns an EV dealership who has a non Vorsprung GT fitted with the C&S Plus pack. He blipped the remote at night and only the indicators did their sweep, no light bar animation or front headlight animation like on the Vorsprung and above...

Either way, cracking car you've gone for :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Surely a piece of tape or paper over the windscreen sensor could make the lights work thinking it was dark?
Absolutely, fair point if you know which sensor is linked to that system. I guess I was going down the lines of anything that convinces the car it's dark enough to trigger the auto lights, or manually select them (with the caveat above) :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. To get this resolved once and for all (hopefully) one of the dealerships has a non vorsprung demo car with the C+S pack and is going to check to see if the rear lights do animate in the dark and will send me an email with a video showing the animation. I'll let you know once I get the video. They believe that as long as the C+S option has been chosen the front and rear lights will animate...
Hello my name is Peter and i live in Sweden , in Sweden you have to order the laser light to get the dynamic animations on rear lights i dont know if that is for only euorope

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went to Salon Prive in the UK today, they had two GT Quattros on the Audi stand, I asked the lady to lock and unlock the car with the key and the headlights did a dance/build, the rear indicators just did a sweep, it was daylight so not sure if it was an accurate test but the red light bar at the back did nothing :-( not a conclusive test obviously.

I have seen something about the MyAudi App that says you can add some features via the app for a fee of course after delivery, either to test, or have for a month, 6 months or add for the life of the car, one of the things it talks about is "The light function package also includes lighting ‘animations’ that play when locking and unlocking your car", maybe at some point they will offer more animation patterns... to those that already have the capability.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to Salon Prive in the UK today, they had two GT Quattros on the Audi stand, I asked the lady to lock and unlock the car with the key and the headlights did a dance/build, the rear indicators just did a sweep, it was daylight so not sure if it was an accurate test but the red light bar at the back did nothing :-( not a conclusive test obviously.

I have seen something about the MyAudi App that says you can add some features via the app for a fee of course after delivery, either to test, or have for a month, 6 months or add for the life of the car, one of the things it talks about is "The light function package also includes lighting ‘animations’ that play when locking and unlocking your car", maybe at some point they will offer more animation patterns... to those that already have the capability.
Thanks for the info. Ties in with the information I've received as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Sounds interesting, thanks for the update. My car is still due for delivery in mid to late Nov so I guess I'll know for sure once I actually have the car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts