Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was wrong, my build week was also 24. I've been told my e tron is in transit to the port. Audi said it can take 7-10 days to be assigned for shipping and then 10-14 days to reach the dealership
Ah Brilliant! Keep me posted. What spec did you order? I'm hoping my update today is the same as yours but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention S Line. Nothing additional, it was a pre-order from a leasing company and could skip the queue if I took it rather than placing a new order. Placed my order on 21st June so hopefully not a long wait!
Wow that's not bad going! Exciting- keep me posted.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So had several conversations with Audi and I'm disappointed to say they don't know what's happening with my order. All the can advise is that there is a delay but can't confirm for how long.

I've asked them to look at other options as I genuinely cannot wait too much longer and be in the dark!

Note to self: is the C&S pack really worth it!

·
Registered
2021 Sportback 50 Quattro S Line
7 Posts
Car ordered: Audi E-Tron Sportback 50 71kWh Quattro 313ps S Line
Exterior colour: Mythos Black

Ordered mid April, delivery estimate mid September

Interestingly my colleague ordered a Mercedes EQC the same time and originally had the same delivery date (mid September) but this has jumped forward to May 21st! The car is now in the dealer waiting collection.
Up until mid-July my car had come forward to July 30th. Then two weeks away from delivery it went back to mid-August - not so bad. Only a week later (21st July) it has slipped to mid-September! How the **** does that happen so close to the estimated delivery time? If my anticipation wasn't so great I would be tempted to cancel the order and wait for the longer range 2022 model. Frustrating

·
Registered
43 Posts
Up until mid-July my car had come forward to July 30th. Then two weeks away from delivery it went back to mid-August - not so bad. Only a week later (21st July) it has slipped to mid-September! How the **** does that happen so close to the estimated delivery time? If my anticipation wasn't so great I would be tempted to cancel the order and wait for the longer range 2022 model. Frustrating
It happens (at least partially) due to JIT (Just In Time) manufacturing. Rather than hundreds of warehouses stocked with parts from door handles, seats, and knobs to CHIPS, parts come from suppliers just in time for assembly. So, when there is a shortage, for example, electronic chips, it delays all assembly. JIT means they don’t get much advance notice, and therefore, “last minute” shifts in assembly and subsequent delivery.

·
Registered
2021 Sportback 50 Quattro S Line
7 Posts
It happens (at least partially) due to JIT (Just In Time) manufacturing. Rather than hundreds of warehouses stocked with parts from door handles, seats, and knobs to CHIPS, parts come from suppliers just in time for assembly. So, when there is a shortage, for example, electronic chips, it delays all assembly. JIT means they don’t get much advance notice, and therefore, “last minute” shifts in assembly and subsequent delivery.
"Good Morning,

Having spoken with the team we have been advised by Audi that the vehicle is built etc however is currently delayed in transport over to the UK.

They are just currently awaiting a slot in order to get this vehicle shipped to the UK, from there it will go to a Pre Delivery Centre to have safety checks complete, then moved to the main dealer for delivery to yourself. The vehicle could come sooner however im afraid I cant give an accurate date etc until the vehicle is in the UK and in stock with the local dealer.

We will continue to chase the manufacturer for updates and will update you accordingly."

Two months to get a car from Belgium to the UK!?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts