Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered: E-tron 55 Black Edition (C+S) Navarra Blue
9 Posts
I can only tell you that I work on a VW group manufacturing facility and we have not skipped a beat due to any semiconductor shortage. In fact we are breaking production records. The car will take 3 days (absolute max) to go down the production line. So you are getting the same nonsense I did. For the rationale you have been given to hold water, that factory would have had to be on stop for 3 weeks - not a chance in ****. Unfortunately COVID and the semi-conductor shortage has provided ample opportunity for companies to hide behind, but I am shocked a company like Audi can be so poor.
Well I’ve had the news this morning from Audi that my vehicle is built and on its way to the port. However when I asked for the VIN I was told I would get this once it was in the UK and had been registered? Is that fairly typical? I figured without the VIN or any sort of evidence it was actually in transit, it may not even exist yet (the car in its entirety) 😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure how they are doing things now but they gave me the VIN before it left the factory beck in the spring.
That seems to be the common theme… Hopefully they’re doing it differently now. I was worried maybe they’re telling me it’s built to appease me

·
Registered
2021 Sportback 50 Quattro S Line
12 Posts
It gets the VIN as soon as it drops out of paint into Trim & Final as that is when it becomes your dedicated car. I certainly had my VIN before the car was shipped.

Low and behold, out of nowhere the dealership called me last night to say they had my car! So its snuck into the country and is being delivered to me on Thursday.

So since I ordered it in March it has jumped forward from mid September, to mid August, to end of July, then fallen back to mid Aug, mid Sep, mid October only to arrive at the original date advised to me back in April.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I chased for an update this morning and the response is as follows… Atleast I have the VIN! Wonder how long it will take them to get it through the port and on a ship 😩😩
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
2021 Sportback 50 Quattro S Line
12 Posts
Hi Kriply,

Just looked back through my emails. I had an update 22/07 that my car was built, awaiting shipment and I am getting it tomorrow 16/09. Hopefully yours will be quicker than that.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts