Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the UK having problems switching to Octopus to use the Go tariff?

It appealed to me as the unit price for electricity for a period overnight was very cheap at 5p/kwh between 12.30 and 4.30.

I signed up to Octopus at the end of January but was told I had to wait for my smart meter to connect and provide half hourly readings before I could switch to the Go tariff. It did not and after many weeks (on April 12th) they sent an engineer to change the smart meter. This did not solve the problem and they don't know what to do next.

Also they are one of these modern day email correspondence only companies who don't like to employ phone handlers. Email exchanges end up being painfully slow (i.e. over many days/weeks) when a call could do the same in seconds.

In short, I would certainly not recommend. With grounds to end my contract early, what would others suggest in terms of an EV friendly tariff?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Personally I would encourage you to stick with it.

It took us about 2 months to get the meter installed followed by about another 2 to get the meter registered through the national database (remember it is not Octopus' meter). We then transferred over to Go in about a week. As it happened in our case the car took about 5 months to be delivered so the whole thing worked out ok in the end.

As for customer service, I agree that they are paired down to the bone. No chance of a friendly chat on the phone but at 5p a kWh it feels fantastic value. Once set up you shouldn't really need to contact them anyway.

The reward? Just look below, the E-tron manages the 4 hour window perfectly and the result is 2.2p per mile motoring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts