Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 e-tron will not charge above 113 miles despite having a goal of 100%, which should be 204 miles. It just cuts off, no matter what. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have run through all programs and everything should be set for the full charge, but it is not happening. Most frustrating facet of ownership so far.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is your battery charged to 100%? You can check this in the app, or in the MMI system under Car > Charging & efficiency > Charging

Like any other car, how you drive will drastically affect what range you get out of it. Just as thrashing a conventional combustion engine car will result in terrible MPG, hard acceleration, not using regeneration, and driving at consistently high speeds will affect the estimated range.

You should be able to achieve 2.5 miles per kilowatt/hour in the E-Tron. That equates to just over 160 miles of range in the 50, and 210 in the 55. However, if you're driving hard, you'll see that drop, and the software will calculate your range a lot lower.

Check the efficiency you've achieved recently under "Driving Data" in the app. That will tell you whether the range you're seeing is correct, or if you have a fault.

I like to keep an eye on the efficiency level I am achieving when I drive. You can add this information to your virtual cockpit by going to Settings > Display & brightness > Virtual Cockpit and enabling the "Electrical consumption" display. This will show you your current miles/kWh, and your trip average.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For reference, you can calculate your expected range based on your driving efficiency.

The E-Tron 50 has 64.7 kWh of usable battery capacity. The E-Tron 55 has 86.5 kWh of usable battery capacity. If you are driving and your efficiency is X mi/kWh, just multiply your battery capacity by X.

Larger alloy wheels, wrongly inflated tyres, sticky high-grip tyres will all affect your efficiency. The number one factor will be how you drive - smooth, predictive driving with lots of coasting will return the best efficiency.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2019 e-tron will not charge above 113 miles despite having a goal of 100%, which should be 204 miles. It just cuts off, no matter what. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have run through all programs and everything should be set for the full charge, but it is not happening. Most frustrating facet of ownership so far.
Should go to an audi dealer, I reached 210 miles, average use

·
Registered
92 Posts
You need to stop thinking in terms of charging to a number of miles - you're charging battery capacity. The distance you can drive on that battery capacity depends on things like weather, ambient temperature, driving style, etc...

·
Registered
35 Posts
You need to stop thinking in terms of charging to a number of miles - you're charging battery capacity. The distance you can drive on that battery capacity depends on things like weather, ambient temperature, driving style, etc...
You are right

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does anyone know if the calculated "estimated distance" takes into account whether or not you are running A/C, etc? Here in Oregon you might switch the A/C or heat or seat A/C on and off more than once over the course of a day. I have noticed this estimated range jumps around a little (usually when I'm not looking) and am wondering just what goes into that calculation.

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Does anyone know if the calculated "estimated distance" takes into account whether or not you are running A/C, etc? Here in Oregon you might switch the A/C or heat or seat A/C on and off more than once over the course of a day. I have noticed this estimated range jumps around a little (usually when I'm not looking) and am wondering just what goes into that calculation.
Yep. In fact, there is a Range Display in the MMI screen that will specifically suggest turning off things like climate control and heated/cooled seats, and how much range that will add. If you tap "range mode" it will do that for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So basically what you’re saying, is that a vehicle I purchased for over US$80,000, will not give me driving range of over 102 miles despite the fact that Audi promises it will go at least 204 miles? Oh, and that’s without using AC, heat etc...because of that is indeed true, this vehicle is a total scam.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So basically what you’re saying, is that a vehicle I purchased for over US$80,000, will not give me driving range of over 102 miles despite the fact that Audi promises it will go at least 204 miles? Oh, and that’s without using AC, heat etc...because of that is indeed true, this vehicle is a total scam.
It will absolutely give you 200+ miles of range. But not if you drive like Ken Block. What's your average consumption reading? We can tell from that whether there's a battery fault or if there's some external factor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It will absolutely give you 200+ miles of range. But not if you drive like Ken Block. What's your average consumption reading? We can tell from that whether there's a battery fault or if there's some external factor.
I feel
Like it’s between 2.8/3.8 kHz...sound reasonable? Car is with Audi now. Too many issues with charging to merit not having it thoroughly checked out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Average between 2.8 and 3.8 average consumption is outrageous. With an EV you need to drive in a different way. i still drive on highways 70-80 miles per hr. Also you cam regain energy during driving, even 30%! Plse read yr manual and search for videos how to drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guessed. Must’ve been way off. I don’t drive like a race car driver. 70-80 on highway; 35-40 around town as roads allow. Anyway it doesn’t much matter. The car is back with Audi and they’re having their engineers look at it. It’s not the way I’m driving the car. Something is not functioning correctly. Hopefully they’ll be able to fix it. If not, onto the next vehicle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guessed. Must’ve been way off. I don’t drive like a race car driver. 70-80 on highway; 35-40 around town as roads allow. Anyway it doesn’t much matter. The car is back with Audi and they’re having their engineers look at it. It’s not the way I’m driving the car. Something is not functioning correctly. Hopefully they’ll be able to fix it. If not, onto the next vehicle.
Ok hopefully all will be fixed as it is an amazing car to drive. And I came from BMW 330e with tuning 315 HP which is also not bad but etron 55 is something else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts