Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
eTron GT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All;

I have been wondering how some factors impact the efficiency of the GT. Obviously, driving style, distance, city/urban/rural roads, etc. all impact the vehicle's efficiency.

Based on the driving data from the Audi app, I plotted the following chart. Based on my driving style, roads, etc. it appears to me that the number one factor is probably ambient temp.

Rectangle Product Slope Plot Font

I bought the vehicle at the end of November 2021. December through March are the coldest months in Maryland, and it was a typical winter for us this year, except maybe the snowfall totals were less than average. I am not sure why I drove less in April, cannot recall a particular reason. Starting in April the weather temps increased, and June through the end of July were hot and humid.

My driving mostly involves suburban roads and interstates. Very little city traffic. I can also state that a large majority of the time, I had either the heater or chiller on in the car. I am also a rather calm and steady driver, don't do any street racing or aggressive driving.

Any thoughts or similar data to share?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I think you will find ambient temp will be the biggest and most consistent factor affecting your mileage. After that, if you switched tires that would be second. That's assuming your driving style doesn't change.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
E trons use two sources for heating: 1) the heat pump for heating and cooling; 2) resistive heaters for when the car is turned off (auxillary heating) or for when the heat demand exceeds the ability of the heat pump. So for moderate conditions that can rely solely on the heat pump, the efficiency is about the same for heat and cooling. The resistive heater uses about 4x the energy.

The heat pump is always available for cooling, but for heating the pump relies on scavenging heat from the battery/drivetrain/electronics--thus the need for resistive heaters if the car is turned off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts