Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on a ferry yesterday and got out to use the facilities which of course meant locking the car with all our gear in it.

No sooner had we walked up to the deck then an announcement for a black audi SUV with the alarm going off, which of course was our eTron.

Turned off alarm by unlocking car, then looked for a way to disable the accelerometer (ferry mode) like the older A6's we had years back. Nothing turned up on an internet search and today I looked in the manual (page 32 for US version) and it just mentions not locking anyone in the car due to alarm being triggered (and locks not operating from the inside when locked externally).

Our last BMW would disable the alarm if you pressed lock twice on the FOB.

Also sent Audi Care a note to ask for clarification (seems like a pretty big miss). Anyone figure this out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could try pressing the lock button twice, or press the button visible on the end of the driver's door when open. It should light up red.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah Bard72 is right. Just been on a ferry myself. Press to lock the car, then within 2 seconds press to lock the car again. You’ll notice that the door light (as you look at the car closed, bottom left) won’t be flashing red indicating that the interior/tow alarm is disabled. It’s in the manual if you need further info. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give that a go. But unless maybe I completely missed it, the only page referencing the alarm in the US manual is page 32 and I didn't see it there. (I just went out to double check, and the only thing in the section on Anti-Theft Alarm is how to disable manually (press Unlock) and some warnings about various aspects - but nothing like (press twice to disable)...Maybe the UK manual is different (given we also got the diagram showing the two charging ports when only one is equipped on the US model, perhaps completeness of the manual wasn't a priority).

In any case, thanks for helping out...that will help out the next time we are on a Ferry here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, new one on me too. Not a lot of ferries in the American southwest so it hasn't come up.

Took a number of ferries from Dublin to Wales ages ago though and never had our VW Golf alarm go off, must have been the lower spec Hertz hire cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts