Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My audi left side virtual mirror suddenly became foggy, looks like its out of focus. Tried switching the car off, leaving it parked for over 15 minutes, restarting MMI, charging it, nothing seems to resolve, will contact dealership tomorrow. In the meantime any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
My audi left side virtual mirror suddenly became foggy, looks like its out of focus. Tried switching the car off, leaving it parked for over 15 minutes, restarting MMI, charging it, nothing seems to resolve, will contact dealership tomorrow. In the meantime any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thanks
Have you tried putting the heated rear windscreen on? Not sure if it demists the cameras too (like heated mirrors used to) but worth a chance?

I haven't experienced fogging on mine.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried putting the heated rear windscreen on? Not sure if it demists the cameras too (like heated mirrors used to) but worth a chance?

I haven't experienced fogging on mine.....
it’s not fogging with mist, it’s out of focus

·
Registered
Audi e-tron Sportback 55 Edition One
6 Posts
Yes I've seen this on my new Sportback, specifically in the driver's side virtual mirror. One piece of advice is TAKE PHOTOS - we had the same problem, I booked it in with Audi but I forgot to take pictures of it. They spent a day with it and told me they couldn't see anything wrong (the weather changed so it went away) and have been told to wait until it happens again. I understand why they do that, but I feel like they must know of the issue by now and are being pedantic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I've seen this on my new Sportback, specifically in the driver's side virtual mirror. One piece of advice is TAKE PHOTOS - we had the same problem, I booked it in with Audi but I forgot to take pictures of it. They spent a day with it and told me they couldn't see anything wrong (the weather changed so it went away) and have been told to wait until it happens again. I understand why they do that, but I feel like they must know of the issue by now and are being pedantic.
Thank you for timely advice
Did it now, it’s extremely difficult to get this sorted they don’t even answer the phones and the receptionist would not let me speak to anyone when I walked into the dealership
They are extremely difficult people, they keep saying they are proud of key workers and to try are grateful, I am a key worker but why don’t I feel supported I wonder

·
Registered
Audi e-tron Sportback 55 Edition One
6 Posts
Thank you for timely advice
Did it now, it’s extremely difficult to get this sorted they don’t even answer the phones and the receptionist would not let me speak to anyone when I walked into the dealership
Yeah they only see people with appointments and, even then, you can only drop the car off at reception.

Not sure where you live but Watford Audi was pretty service, just disappointed that i have to wait for bad weather again to take the pics. I wish they would have said that on the phone while I made the appointment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah they only see people with appointments and, even then, you can only drop the car off at reception.

Not sure where you live but Watford Audi was pretty service, just disappointed that i have to wait for bad weather again to take the pics. I wish they would have said that on the phone while I made the appointment.
I have the pics if u need let me know and will email them to u

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks
Hi,

I had to have both my virtual mirrors replaced under warranty due to water ingress. The misting is still and issue but clears with the heated rear windscreen being activated. The glass is heated on the virtual mirrors. The time the heated rear windscreen is on varies and is dependent on the ambient temperature. If you you keep your finger on the heated windscreen control for a few seconds this will keep the screen permanently on which I have found is necessary in damp/cold conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts