Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valet brought us our e-tron [3K miles 6 Mos old] we heard a squeal that sounded like it came from the front brakes. Can not hear this noise inside the car but when stopping for a toll booth it is heard with the drivers window down. Anyone else notice this? As said would never hear this without a window open.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Valet brought us our e-tron [3K miles 6 Mos old] we heard a squeal that sounded like it came from the front brakes. Can not hear this noise inside the car but when stopping for a toll booth it is heard with the drivers window down. Anyone else notice this? As said would never hear this without a window open.
Read on the Audi Forum that stepping on the Brakes hard several times will clear the squealing noise. Tried this and it did eliminate the Brake Squealing. Apparently, since regen does most of the braking, a heavy application of the brakes is necessary periodically to keep the pads & rotors in silent operation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bill33525, Thanks for that headsup. While I have not had that problem, it's probably because I have been a "bad" EV driver. I've been braking pretty aggressively. Lately, I've been trying to learn to brake more gently, so that my braking is accomplished all in the "regen" range. That probably means squealing mech brakes are in my future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts