Audi e-tron Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Did someone find the dimples for drilling? I didn't see them.

I am not happy in general with the grill--what is with all that dead space behind it? It seems a huge waste of space. And now I have to drill and attach a license plate bracket. hmmph
I saw the dimples on on a Q4 in my dealer's showroom that had the base, light colored grill. My black optics grill does not have them.

· Registered
12 Posts
We got the dealer to install a mount on the grill for free. Of course, when I looked over all the documents from buying the car, I found one were we acknowledged that there was no front license plate mount and wouldn't hold them responsible for it not being there. So they could have pointed to that and demanded we pay but didn't, so good for them.

· Registered
2023 Q4 50 e-tron Premium Plus, Black Optic
74 Posts
I have gone 14 years without a front license plate on 3 BMW 5ers, Tesla Model 3, and now my Audi Q4 eTron. I got two tickets in 14 years for it even though front plates are required in Illinois. As an Architect I just hate the way they look on an expensive car. I would rather pay the rare ticket.

· Registered
8 Posts
The Sly Bracket website <slybrackets.com> enables you to choose the specific vehicle, in my case the Audi Q4. I chose the bracket with 4 screws for mounting the license plate. The SKU is SBAUDQ4ETRHG. The bracket is called a BOZZ mount, and must be mounted in the lower grill as shown in the photo I posted.

· Registered
32 Posts
I installed the 2 hole Sly bracket ‘without’ the leveler and it looks straight enough to me. I ended up using the 1/2 inch spacer that came with the kit.

Disclaimer- if you are aiming for 100% perfection then I recommend purchasing the leveler.

· Registered
8 Posts
Like Max, I've found that the Sly Bracket without a leveler is straight enough. It's a bit hard to explain without a drawing, but the way it works is that there are two clamps that are attached to a horizontal slat of the Q4. Each clamp can be slid right and left before being locked into place. You slide each clamp right and left until it abuts one of the vertical posts of the grille and then you turn a screw to hold the clamp in place. This gives the bracket additional rigidity. The plate when mounted is not perfectly vertical, but close enough. It's not an inexpensive solution, but works fine.

· Registered
7 Posts
Are you an employee or the owner of Sly Brackets?

I am not an employee or associated with the company - just thought some members of this forum might benefit from first hand experience (isn't that what we're here for?). After I received the mount I got an email from Sly Brackets asking for a review & if possible a photograph of the mount installed. Sent them the same picture that I posted here & they posted it on their site - along with hundreds of others.
As others have said, you don't have to use the leveler. I just happen to be one of those who wasn't happy with the slight forward tilt without it. To each his own.

From the website
View attachment 7933

21 - 40 of 59 Posts