Audi e-tron Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
I would say the four screws license plate bracket is better.

With the 2-screw LPH, the bottom part of the license plate is hanging in the air.
See post #32 pic.2 for the end view of the 2-screw LPH for Ref.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Font

With the 4-screw LPH, the whole license plate is fastened securely to the bracket.
White Computer Bumper Gadget Font

· Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a Sly Bracket for the front plate. Installation was quick and easy.
Hey, Thanks for the tip, I did buy the SlyBrackets' mount, too, but don't have the plates to install it just yet. I practiced the installation and have some questions for you:
  1. Did you install the sprint mount on the middle slat?
  2. Did you use any spacers to bring the plate a bit forward?
  3. Do you have any concerns about obstructing the airflow? Thank you in advance!

· Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I used the middle slat for the mount, with a 1/2" spacer (as I recall). I've thought about the license placement obstructing the airflow, but I think there's a sufficient gap between the license plate and the slats that this should not be a problem. I've not seen anything that discourages placement of the Sly Bracket on an electric vehicle.

· Registered
5 Posts
I mounted it on the middle slat to have it clear the lower lip, added my own washer to have it also slightly clear the bumper. The half-inch spacers created too much of a gap otherwise. I also ordered black frames with 1-inch bottom width to replace the dealer's. Here is an updated pic after I received a black frame that covered the bottom holes nicely and blended with the cooling grille.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

· Registered
102 Posts
I mounted it on the middle slat to have it clear the lower lip, added my own washer to have it also slightly clear the bumper. The half-inch spacers created too much of a gap otherwise. I also ordered black frames with 1-inch bottom width to replace the dealer's. View attachment 8178
That is definitely the position I prefer with that mount!

· Registered
9 Posts
Looking at the Sly brackets option. Thanks for the links.

Do we have to order custom brackets since we active grill shutters?
Since we have grill shutters does that mean air flow is more important somehow?

· Registered
69 Posts
We do not have active grill shutters.

if you do not get the leveller add on use a half inch spacer as someone here suggested.

There will be lots of extra hardware that comes with it but that is just so you have options on where to mount etc

· Registered
5 Posts
E
Looking at the Sly brackets option. Thanks for the links.

Do we have to order custom brackets since we [have?] active grill shutters?
Since we have grill shutters does that mean air flow is more important somehow?
No, because we don't want to drill into the plastic "grille"
Strangely, I didn't find any grille shutters on my 2022 (and I even have those on my '23 Bolt EUV that's half the price).

41 - 59 of 59 Posts