Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I am missing something. Since I've had the car, my range has never shown above 180 at full charge. I live in Chicago and it has been cold, so I attributed it to that. However, even with warmer temperatures, my full charged range is now showing 140. Anyone have or has had a similar issue? Any possible solutions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
In the Audi app towards the bottom there is Driving data. Take "To Statistics" and your daily Wh/mi will show. Do you drive short high speed trips? The battery has 83000 watts of usable capacity. Dividing 83000/180=461 Wh/mi. Is that the figure in your stats? Are you sure you are charging to 100% when you see 140 mile range?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the average is closer to 600. Is there a way to reset the system or recalibrate it. You asked if I’m sure that I’m charging it to 100%, the cockpit clearly says 100% as does my app. Please advise if I’m missing something

·
Registered
70 Posts
No, the average is closer to 600. Is there a way to reset the system or recalibrate it. You asked if I’m sure that I’m charging it to 100%, the cockpit clearly says 100% as does my app. Please advise if I’m missing something
600 Wh/mi does calculate to 140 mi range. Are you driving short high speed trips? The car starts out @ 900 Wh/mi and averages to a lower value after about 5 miles. If you are driving 80MPH that will post a very high Wh/mi reading.
Finally, the range indicator is constantly recalibrating. So for example if you were to drive around 45 MPH for an extended distance your WH/mi would show around ~370. Here is a chart of Tesla cars vs speed, you can see how speed can cause a deterioration of range: Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
600 Wh/mi does calculate to 140 mi range. Are you driving short high speed trips? The car starts out @ 900 Wh/mi and averages to a lower value after about 5 miles. If you are driving 80MPH that will post a very high Wh/mi reading.
Finally, the range indicator is constantly recalibrating. So for example if you were to drive around 45 MPH for an extended distance your WH/mi would show around ~370. Here is a chart of Tesla cars vs speed, you can see how speed can cause a deterioration of range: Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com
Thanks for your help Bill. I am not necessarily driving super aggressive but am driving short distances right now bc not many places to go. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just something to think about but in stop & go traffic, the e-Tron is a pretty heavy car and to get it rolling each time takes a fair bit of juice. So if you are in Chicago traffic doing stop and go that will make a pretty good dent in what you can achieve versus longer distances at a reasonable rate of speed with few or no interruptions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pete---Just to clarify, my etron came from the dealer with the upper limit to charging set at 80% of full battery capacity (as they recommend). Have you gone into the Charge Management screen and verified that your upper limit is set to 100% of battery capacity?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete---Just to clarify, my etron came from the dealer with the upper limit to charging set at 80% of full battery capacity (as they recommend). Have you gone into the Charge Management screen and verified that your upper limit is set to 100% of battery capacity?
Can you confirm on how to that? I believe I did do that but just make sure i did it correctly

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel like I am missing something. Since I've had the car, my range has never shown above 180 at full charge. I live in Chicago and it has been cold, so I attributed it to that. However, even with warmer temperatures, my full charged range is now showing 140. Anyone have or has had a similar issue? Any possible solutions?
When I charge to 90% I get 180 miles. For whatever reason if I do 100% charge I don't seem to get much higher mileage wise. So I am also having the same result as you do. I would like to understand better also..

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I charge to 90% I get 180 miles. For whatever reason if I do 100% charge I don't seem to get much higher mileage wise. So I am also having the same result as you do. I would like to understand better also..
Pete
I also live here in Chicago - NW burbs. I’m a new owner (< month) but since I’ve had the car on 100% charge I get 220 miles and on 80 ~180.
I usually drive the car in stretches of 20 miles - suburb traffic - at a time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had mine for 6 months in cold and warm weather. The first week it showed 210 range but since then began dropping now only get 180 full charge . Dealer says it adjusts to how it drive?? Don't buy that excuse

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had mine for 6 months in cold and warm weather. The first week it showed 210 range but since then began dropping now only get 180 full charge . Dealer says it adjusts to how it drive?? Don't buy that excuse
Pete what is your avg Wh/mi? Simply divide 83000 by Wh/mi to get your range. Bet it’s 461?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Today I decided to have a fun drive on my commute and was more aggressive on the pedal than I normally am. I typically average on my commute 2.6-2.7 mi/kWh which shows 215-224 miles when I charge to 100% and around 180 miles when charging to 80%. The aggressive drive showed a trip average of 2.4 mi/kWh which would give one about 199 miles at 100% charge and about 160 at an 80% charge. If you run the heater due to weather you can subtract another 10-15 miles depending on the outside temp. Also if you are running the heat look at the AC tab and sut it off unless you are getting condensate on the inside of you windshield. Putting the AC in eco mode seems to use more KW than when in normal mode. I have had no issues leaving it off.

So if you are only showing a range of 140 miles at 100% charge then the phone app and the in car display should only show you getting 1.7 mi/kWh. Is that the case?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts