Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if its possible to turn on the full self park mode via a third party, have the launch edition with 360 cameras and the full drive assist, but didnt spec the £400 auto park, all the hardware must be there..... frustrating this isnt standard on this car haha,

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
86 Posts
So you want to steal a feature you didn't pay for to save 400 quid on a 60k car, and have someone collude with you to do it? Or did I miss something?

·
Registered
33 Posts
For the price of the car it should have come standard. Having said that though, I've never used the feature on one of our other cars.

·
Registered
176 Posts
For my 2019 etron 55 in the US, the full parking feature was not offered. I did end up turning off the "automatic parking assist". On local streets, every time I slowed down at an intersection it thought I wanted to park!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you want to steal a feature you didn't pay for to save 400 quid on a 60k car, and have someone collude with you to do it? Or did I miss something?
It was £80k , and I didn’t realise it didn’t come as standard given all the other tech it has. For this sort of money it should be standard....

How about calming down mate... have you seen some of the threads in here, you must be on here 24/7 , mr Audi police... don’t reply , I’m not interested in your negativity .

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would assume there is a way of activating it as it is featured as part of the pay for "Functions on Demand" that recently released (in Germany at moment, but apparently on its way here in the UK). Unfortunately cant help you with how to do it for nothing, but would say that with technology nowadays as it is that if you did do this, there is probably some way that they would / might be able to see that this has been done and you might then void any warranty etc with the computers.

Like you though, I would have hoped that items like this would have come as standard at the price paid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It was £80k , and I didn’t realise it didn’t come as standard given all the other tech it has. For this sort of money it should be standard....

How about calming down mate... have you seen some of the threads in here, you must be on here 24/7 , mr Audi police... don’t reply , I’m not interested in your negativity .
Having enabled some elements on my A6, as you said, the hardware is there and it was a simple 'switch'. However on more modern MMIs and cars, the software is there, but the enabling is most likely done on a 'licence' basis which checks with the server, so unless it is offered as an OTH 'purchase' I would not think this is possible. Once I get mine, I will let you know of some coding that can be done, like controlling the boot etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Crikey, were I to be spending this sort of money, I'd be checking exactly what I was buying!

·
Registered
9 Posts
does anyone know if its possible to turn on the full self park mode via a third party, have the launch edition with 360 cameras and the full drive assist, but didnt spec the £400 auto park, all the hardware must be there..... frustrating this isnt standard on this car haha,
It’s not an option to selfpark when you have 360-camera.
Some Audi’s can combine this, but not e-tron.
I have contacted Audi and they said it’s not possible.
I’ve tried to search with VCDS, but no luck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts