Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, that was a coincidence, I’ve just checked to see if it was available and it is! All three trials ordered and I’ll go and check in a minute to see if they work, £1 for the first month for each, adaptive lights, matrix lights and park assist.... ideal for those base model owners here in the UK :) - edit - all installed and working perfectly!

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know i still got a long wait for my car and I have already added the Matrix LEDs, so it will just be the parking itself I might look to add (I was hoping this would be an option when ordering) - do you mind letting me know how well it works and also what are the ongoing charges they are quoting for this - obviously £1 for first trial month, but do they then do a monthly, quarterly, annual costs?

Is it the parking itself when you are outside of the car too - ie controlling it through the phone? or just when inside only?

How does it charge it - ApplePay / Androidpay? or credit/debit card entry?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, that was a coincidence, I’ve just checked to see if it was available and it is! All three trials ordered and I’ll go and check in a minute to see if they work, £1 for the first month for each, adaptive lights, matrix lights and park assist.... ideal for those base model owners here in the UK :) - edit - all installed and working perfectly! View attachment 776 View attachment 775 View attachment 778
Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered all 3 available packages for the 1 month trial. Love the dynamic indicators and rear matrix light bar. Very knight rider! Not been able to test the matrix driving lights other than seeing the 4 bars on each side are now lit. Not much luck with the self-parking. I read that you have to control accelerator and brake pedals but it didn't seem to want to parallel park. Will reset and try again tomorrow. Prices for my lease period are expensive though.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

Might need to run an update to the app.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
130 Posts
Ah yes that's new!!!

Wowow, a quid!

The excitement faded when I saw the cost. FFS this is ONE feature. No way. Now I feel robbed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How much is the parking assist?

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
130 Posts
@Audi if you're listening I will never ever ever ever buy this. Ever. I hate it. What a con at that money. It's maybe worth 10% of that at the most to me. Or less. Actually, less.

Offer this as an option on purchase, OK. Not this. I would also guess that the feature disappears when the car is sold. Just a guess.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I was first looking to spec my car up with the comfort and sound which included the 360 camera, the description read as if the car would already have the park pilot/auto park.

this was then removed from the description before I ordered.

Perhaps they’ve turned it back on as standard if you have the 360 camera but I can’t see them giving as freebies. Lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a message showing "Nothing available". I'm going to assume that means the Launch has most of it, but I can't find how to self-park anywhere (when I ordered it was meant to do this, but seems not to be able to). Sigh, my wife does use parallel self-parking in the Land Rover, so bit odd a much newer car doesn't have it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a message showing "Nothing available". I'm going to assume that means the Launch has most of it, but I can't find how to self-park anywhere (when I ordered it was meant to do this, but seems not to be able to). Sigh, my wife does use parallel self-parking in the Land Rover, so bit odd a much newer car doesn't have it.
If you press the park assist button next to the radio volume knob, there should be an icon on the MMI of a P nd a sterring wheel. Can't say that it's worked for me yet, I'm gonna have another read of the manual as it hasn't recognised a parallel space or a normal car park space yet. For the "Coming & leaving home animations" on the light package, nothing amazing seems to be happening either. Can't see me paying out hundreds of £££ just for the red light bar to pulse when I unlock/lock car each time. It looks great but not for nearly £40 per month.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I suppose there are two ways of looking at the value/integrity of this FoD thing.

On the one hand, you feel angry that you have to pay for a feature that the car physically has but is blocked from you. 😡

On the other hand, when you order the car and pay for the feature to be enabled up front, you're kind of gambling that it's worth it (if you're not already familiar with it). If you don't pre-pay then, for a token sum, you can try it out to see what you think it's worth. 😃

I'm kind of old school and tend to go for the former thought but other folk may swing the other way.

However, so much of this car is software and software costs big money to develop, especially in safety-critical things. So the developers are entitled to a return.

Also, when you have a Play Station, it's physically capable of playing all sorts of games but you still expect to pay to play them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Park Assist seems poor and the 2-3 times I've tried it for a parallel park, it hasn't worked and I've been blocking the road trying to set it up. Not had a chance to test the Matrix lights on a motorway.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts