Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The garage door opener correctly opens the door, but when I use it to close the door, the door starts to close, then reverses after a few seconds. Once this happens, I cannot use the wired button in the garage to close the door unless the E-Tron is turned off. Apparently the E-Tron is sending multiple "open" signals once the button is pressed. It didn't used to do this. I suspect it started after the last service. Any ideas how I might fix it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Garage door openers (at least in the many years I’ve had various brands) do not have “open” or “close” commands. They transmit a signal. If the door is open, it triggers a close action. If the door is closed, it triggers an open command.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The garage door opener correctly opens the door, but when I use it to close the door, the door starts to close, then reverses after a few seconds. Once this happens, I cannot use the wired button in the garage to close the door unless the E-Tron is turned off. Apparently the E-Tron is sending multiple "open" signals once the button is pressed. It didn't used to do this. I suspect it started after the last service. Any ideas how I might fix it?
It could be the car but if the car door opened senses too much resistance (like springs out of balance) then it may halt and throw an error. Have you checked that the same doesn't happen with the door switch?

Also although this shouldn't have anything to do with it have you tried deleting and reprogramming the door opener in your car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts