Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting my GT wrapped in a different color, has anyone done this or seen any?
I like the Daytona Grey but dont love it, I actually ordered it in Suzuka Grey but didnt want to wait until 2022 so jumped on the first GT in stock my local dealership got in (if anyone is in Southern CA looking for a GT I can direct you to my dealership as the one i ordered is in production and no one has reserved it last I checked).

Trying to wrap my head around visualizing it in another color, considering a Gunmetal Gloss or Matte (R8s look great in Gunmetal) or a ghost pearl white among others. I considered all black but was told you cant see the beautiful lines of this car as well. I powdercoated the rims black and painted the calipers red so need this to match as well.

Not trying to copy anyone but if anyone has done a wrap or have pictures of any in a different color would love to see it to help visualize. FYI I am not a bright colors guy so oranges, reds and yellows and such are out for me. Might do a blue shade though.

Any perspectives are helpful

·
Registered
173 Posts
I read the Daytona Grey is used in the presentations because it shows of the lines and creases the most. I have Ascari Blue and also powder coated my wheels black after I saw your car. I then got the black rings and badges and now love the look. Go with your gut. It can always be changed. I love driving mine and knowing it is exactly what I want.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also followed your lead, ordered the black rings and badges from Audi Richmond in Canada as still not selling in the US, should be arriving in next couple of days. Also ordered lowering links to drop it slightly, the wrap would be my final mod for now. Not 100% sure I am going to get the car wrapped, just strongly considering if I can find a color I really love. and leaning towards gunmetal for now

I realize it is entirely personal preference and all in the eye of the beholder. Your car looks great btw

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of having the front, side and back dark grey/black bits on my Kemora Grey Quattro wrapped orange when I get it, a bit like the Ford GT40 scheme of the 1960s, I know the car looks great already but just want a splash of colour, then have the ambient lighting inside set to an orange as I also have the blue/grey leather interior, if that's possible.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of having the front, side and back dark grey/black bits on my Kemora Grey Quattro wrapped orange when I get it, a bit like the Ford GT40 scheme of the 1960s, I know the car looks great already but just want a splash of colour, then have the ambient lighting inside set to an orange as I also have the blue/grey leather interior, if that's possible.
A bit like this? Maybe you could wrap the wheel inserts too?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes like that, the Quattro in the UK doesn’t have inserts on the wheels though.
I think you should do it, if you don't like it it can easily be removed. Yes the wheels are a little limited on the quattro but I managed to source some from Germany the 21s that are optional with the vorspring on the RS.

I have a black GT on order so I'm probably going to wrap the inserts in black, was thinking of a contrast like you but I doing know what colour would work with mythos black.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a look at some colour wheels and looked at what was on the opposite side to the closest colour to kemora grey, if I was going for a dark grey or black I would be looking at a lime green or yellow :) seen a few Lambos with that sort of contrast colour scheme

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those look really cool but be aware the true color of the car will show when you open the doors or open the trunk. ( door jams and inside frame does not get wrapped from what I’ve seen)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those look really cool but be aware the true color of the car will show when you open the doors or open the trunk. ( door jams and inside frame does not get wrapped from what I’ve seen)
Though I have seen some amazing cars on which the door jams and inside frame were separately wrapped. One had a cool circuit board pattern that emphasized the futuristic tech of the vehicle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am leaning towards these two colors: 3m Ghost Flip Pearl and Inozetek Metallic Gunmetal
Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my Daytona Grey. It has the sport upgrade with black gloss grille. It’s the closest thing to James Bond’s Aston Martin in Spectre. Color is so subjective. I might consider black rings. It’s my favorite car in my long history of sporty Audis. Interestingly it out accelerated a new BMW M4 Competition I encountered at a stop light recently. We both shook our heads and smiled.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the insights. Ive decided not to go with a vinyl wrap in another color. Instead, I am going with the Xpel Stealth PPF. This will give the paint more of a Satin/Matte look but with easier maintenance than a Matte Vinyl Wrap. Looking to get this scheduled in the next couple weeks and will post pics when done. Here is an RS6 in Daytona Grey with the Xpel Stealth PPF as an example:
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Grille

1 - 20 of 69 Posts