Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is the one you are referencing, looks amazing

View attachment 3109
I was wondering where you found this image and if there are more of this car from other angles? I am trying to get my local company to understand what this looks like and can’t seem to find this using Google searches. Would it be possible to direct to the site?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was wondering where you found this image and if there are more of this car from other angles? I am trying to get my local company to understand what this looks like and can’t seem to find this using Google searches. Would it be possible to direct to the site?

Thanks in advance.
If you go on facebook or Instagram, search for "Next Level Auto Lab" and you can scroll through their pics/posts to find this car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all the insights. Ive decided not to go with a vinyl wrap in another color. Instead, I am going with the Xpel Stealth PPF. This will give the paint more of a Satin/Matte look but with easier maintenance than a Matte Vinyl Wrap. Looking to get this scheduled in the next couple weeks and will post pics when done. Here is an RS6 in Daytona Grey with the Xpel Stealth PPF as an example:
View attachment 3142
That looks great. I am contemplating the same xpel stealth ppf on my suzuka gray. Curious. Did you get a quote yet?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got 4 quotes for the Xpel Stealth PPF ranging from $4,800-$9,500. Im going with the second lowest quote as they have a lot more reviews and highly rated vs the cheapest place. The high end shop I go to for most of my work was the one who quoted $9,500. If they were just a little more I would have gone with them as they are a well known performance car shop but that was significantly higher. Also they are going to add a Ceramic Coat on top for a reduced cost of $600 since getting the PPF as well

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That looks great. I am contemplating the same xpel stealth ppf on my suzuka gray. Curious. Did you get a quote yet?
Do you have some pics of the Suzkuka Gray? Thats the color I originally ordered and havent seen many, I just got impatient and didnt want to wait so took the first GT my dealer received

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you have some pics of the Suzkuka Gray? Thats the color I originally ordered and havent seen many, I just got impatient and didnt want to wait so took the first GT my dealer received
iPhone photos don't r really do iit justice. It can look very different in different lighting. Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sneak peak of the Xpel Stealth PPF on Daytona Grey. Dropped the car off at the shop this morning and they sent me these pics just now. Should be done end of the week
View attachment 3431
That is awesome looking. Had a Daytona Grey S5 before moving to the e-tron SUV for more room, and loved how the color looked in different lighting. 100% would go for that color again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Here is the final product, my Daytona Grey wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF and Ceramic Coated. With the Stealth PPF you get the paint protection and a satin/matte look to the factory paint which is much easier to maintain than a Matte Vinyl wrap. I have to say I am thrilled with how this came out and very happy with this decision over doing a vinyl wrap in a different color. On the drive home from the shop I was getting lots of looks, even more than I normally get

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Car Tire Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here is the final product, my Daytona Grey wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF and Ceramic Coated. With the Stealth PPF you get the paint protection and a satin/matte look to the factory paint which is much easier to maintain than a Matte Vinyl wrap. I have to say I am thrilled with how this came out and very happy with this decision over doing a vinyl wrap in a different color. On the drive home from the shop I was getting lots of looks, even more than I normally get

View attachment 3451 View attachment 3452 View attachment 3453 View attachment 3454
It does look very good, I think in the satin finish it really shows the lines of the car. Did they PPF the gloss in non stealth film too?

I'm definitely tempted to do the same with mine when I take delivery next year. But over a mythos black paint.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It does look very good, I think in the satin finish it really shows the lines of the car. Did they PPF the gloss in non stealth film too?

I'm definitely tempted to do the same with mine when I take delivery next year. But over a mythos black paint.
No non stealth film, just the Stealth PPF and a ceramic coating on top. Mythos would look great with this as well, found another Audi (not a GT) in Mythos Black with Stealth PPF:

·
Registered
68 Posts
No non stealth film, just the Stealth PPF and a ceramic coating on top. Mythos would look great with this as well, found another Audi (not a GT) in Mythos Black with Stealth PPF:
That does look very good, I've had a quote for £4k for the full stealth. Not sure that's good value or not but if it takes several days maybe it's not too bad.

What they said is that it is best to do it straight away after purchasing.

Thanks for the picture

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a discussion with a car wrapper in my area yesterday, he has quoted a great price to wrap all the black work and grill on my car when it arrives, I plan to get it done the day or the day after it is delivered, long wait still though. It will certainly be different.

·
Registered
94 Posts

View attachment 3451 View attachment 3452 View attachment 3453 View attachment 3454
This looks so good. I assume you can't do this to a lease, correct?

·
Registered
174 Posts
In the US a lease isn't that different from a purchase. You usually have the ability to buy out the lease at any time and there is a payoff amount. I have traded in leases, and as long as what you do doesn't decrease the value, it shouldn't matter. I have never turned in a lease, only trade them in to any dealer that would give me the deal I wanted. Also wraps are removable. I'm leasing my GT and have changed the badges and rings to black and had the wheels powder coated gloss black. Actually added value.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In the US a lease isn't that different from a purchase. You usually have the ability to buy out the lease at any time and there is a payoff amount. I have traded in leases, and as long as what you do doesn't decrease the value, it shouldn't matter. I have never turned in a lease, only trade them in to any dealer that would give me the deal I wanted. Also wraps are removable. I'm leasing my GT and have changed the badges and rings to black and had the wheels powder coated gloss black. Actually added value.
Nice. I love the stealth wrap. I have the Daytona.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Audi has recently changed this. You can only buy it out OR turn it in. No third party. BMW did the same thing.
As to wrapping the car, of course you can. The wrap comes off … o damage to the original vehicle. In fact if done well, it will protect the paint during the lease.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Looks amazing!

So I’m thinking of going all out and following your lead, Stealth PPF, powder coat wheels, black rings and badges, tint
and orange calipers (not red).

I have talked to two local wrap companies. They are the very interested. One is doing an etron right now. One wants to do an etron and has more reviews.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts