Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great numbers for marketing and overall face value but at some point durability will come into question and that part is largely skeptical till owners have them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Charging at 1.5C to 80% doesn't sound outrageous to me. It makes sense that LG batteries plus a very good cooling system would allow that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tesla's do seem to taper off a bit early and I think that's been done intentionally to better protect the battery. It's impressive to me that even up to 100% the E-Tron is still maintaining a 50kW charge

·
Registered
311 Posts
Tesla's do seem to taper off a bit early and I think that's been done intentionally to better protect the battery. It's impressive to me that even up to 100% the E-Tron is still maintaining a 50kW charge
most first time buyers don't go past 4-5 years of ownership and the only real concern is once you're within the 100k mile range

in other words... non-issue

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That does suggest that Audi has placed a very sophisticated thermal management system in the E-Tron. Hopefully this means less range loss in the colder months as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That does suggest that Audi has placed a very sophisticated thermal management system in the E-Tron. Hopefully this means less range loss in the colder months as well.
To make matters even worse I know people with Nissan Leafs that live in both extremely hot and extreme cold climates at times and the results are concerning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is little that can be done to stop the impact of extreme temperatures on batteries. Once the average range surpasses 300 miles, the hit shouldn't be much of a problem.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Going over capacity is a winning strategy, the only other option would be costly and add too much weight. That would be a climate control system.

In the coming years we should look towards supercar and hypercar makers to find those very same costly systems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts