Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am sure some of you have been tracking the situation on the East Coast, but it reminded me I have not stopped by the gas station in 2+ months, and somehow, I do not miss it at all.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
167 Posts
Unfortunately, the energy supply chain vulnerabilities to cyber and terrorist attacks cuts across all forms of energy. We’ve had attacks on our electrical grids and actual armed assaults on substations out here in the west. We are all vulnerable.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
278 Posts
If you can afford the upfront cost, it's always a good time for an EV. According to the EPA e-tron saves $1850 per year in gas versus a Q7 (not to mention you'd have to drive a Q7).

To the OP, I can't really remember any electric instability anywhere I've lived in the past 15 years.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
167 Posts
Is that a net savings after electricity? That cost varies widely, of course, as does gasoline.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
278 Posts
Yes. Just took their estimated fuel cost for 15,000 annual miles with average fuel and electricity prices. I pay about $50/mo for two EVs at $0.12/kWh.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anywhere between 450 and 550 if my math works out. Last month I did 800 miles with 41$, at least as recorded by Chargepoint application. The actual cost is likely net zero, since I am running off solar panels' generated credit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts