Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 E-tron
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I needed to take a 206 mile roundtrip road trip from Phoenix to Prescott, AZ on the highway (80% of the trip).

It's a 5,000 ft elevation change. After reading post after post of road trip experiences, I was a bit nervous about the highway range and the elevation change. I left the house on a 100% charge with 242 miles showing on the GOM. I watched the GOM tick down about 1.4 miles for every mile driven heading up and was a bid nervous. Did a quick 85 to 100% charge an EA station on the way up and got to the destination (103 miles) with 113 GOM miles remaining. I used cruise control and drove the speed limit (they say EVs change your driving style - its true!) I averaged 2.2 mi/kWh (

Left to head back home and worried I wouldn't make it to the EA Station 75 miles away. But, downhill is an EV dream! Again, I drove the speed limit. Watched the GOM go up instead of down for a while, and made it home (same 103 miles) without stopping and had 75 GOM miles left. I averaged 3.5 mi/kWh on the return trip for a total trip average of 2.9 mi/kWh. (34.9 kWh/100mi). Average speed 45 mph. AC was on the entire time and I drove in Efficiency Mode.

Now for the glitch - I made one pit stop on the way up (about 90 miles into trip) and when I got back out on the highway the car's warning systems displayed a bunch of malfunction warnings about every 10 seconds, each one different. Everything from high beams to predictive cruise control, to lane departure system, etc. Something was wrong (even though it was driving fine) so I pulled over. Turned it off, restarted and everything was normal after that. Weird and unnerving.

Anyway, charged last night (forgot to reset to 80% so it was a 100%) and this morning the GOM was 272. I only wished every charge was like that!
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Tire Automotive lighting

Couple of thoughts: I forgot the wall charger and thought I might need it and wished I had it. The car is amazing on the highway. We've all commented on how comfortable and quiet it is. It's true. I worried about the range but really didn't need to. Turned out I didn't need the EA stop. It only added 35 miles of range. But that might of cut it pretty close.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Went on a similar trip up to Sedona and skipped the recommended charge stop in Anthem and ended up having to get towed to a charging station. First road trip in the EV but didn’t have all the apps to plan the trip. Not sure how long you have had your etron but mine started giving errors and about a week later, when it stopped charging at home, I took it in to the dealer and its been there for 3 weeks now. Let’s hope your issues don’t end up being a bigger issue.

·
Registered
2021 E-tron
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that. How old is yours? Mine in 4 months old with 2500 miles. I used A Better Route Planner. It was spot on.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine just hit 2 months, with about 1 of that spent at the dealer, 1 week first time now 3 weeks. The car has almost 2K mikes on it now. After my stranding, I found that app and others to give me access to other charging sites locations.

Its probably a good idea to get those errors checked out before it leads to bigger issues. At least I was able to get an etron Sportback as a loaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts