Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this since July last year....thank god I never bought this with my own money and just leased it for 2 years...Phew!!!

Positives:- Acceleration and ride comfort

Negatives:- Range, Range and Range and that stupid lane assist thing that's just dangerous on country roads. Way over priced £60,000...Audi are having a laugh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got the exact same car last week - and I have to say, glad we decided to lease this time. Range is poor, switched off the lane assist, and it goes back to Audi next week so we can have some heat in the car! Expected more from Audi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Negatives :- Technik...Can't open the boot from outside the car unless you have the key in your hand..or am I missing the boot release on the tail gate? Some of the Plastic's are a bit low rent (Cheap). Leather quality on the seats...is....just like the smooth stuff you get in a Nisan pick up truck. Hate that it rolls back at junctions / hills.....WHY???? No Hold assist like in an Automatic?? Lights could be better.....It already needs a Software update and a day spent at the dealers......Fellow E-Troner's...you need to check with your dealer as Audi don't write to inform you!!!!

Charging port door freezes in cold weather and will not open up.....Keep a kettle handy folks.

Steering lacks any feel and feels a bit detached from whats going on....forget about putting it fast around sharp bends.

Still can't believe the price of this thing!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boot release is above number plate, you have to feel for it. No real issues with interior, just no support in the seats. Hoping the car grows on me, 1st car I never test drove first, that will teach me!

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
149 Posts
There is a hold assist have a search in the menus or read the manual.
Haven't experienced the charge door freezing. The English weather has been bad but not nearly as bad as Scotlands this winter.
Interior seems top notch to me.

Handling feels OK too in dynamic but I know what you mean.
Lane assist can be switched off at the end of the indicator stalk.
Range can be a challenge but people are getting caught out by believing the manufacturer's claimed range/efficiency, which nobody ever trusted for ICE vehicles. Personally the 50's range is enough for me and my family. Range and efficiency is poor in winter but the same applies to any ICE vehicle (the small range in the 50 makes it more obvious of course).

Value for money? The 50 technik is a 4wd SUV* with air suspension and plenty of features. I'll be honest I don't know what a similarly specced ICE would cost to buy but it wouldn't be far off. And on a lease scheme the ICE would be much more expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. lane assist is the first button that gets pressed once after start.

Ok..I need to read the manual...lol.

Sorry....but this thing is not an SUV. Ok..it has quattro and air suspension. It's a family car that's taken some steroids and needs to lose a few pounds as a result.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
149 Posts
Sorry....but this thing is not an SUV.
True! Its more like a stationwagon/estate.
I have an OBDEleven which allows you to switch off/on features that you can't access via MMI. I'm on the hunt for the lane assist setting so I can try switch it to default to off. I'd be grateful to know if anyone has managed this?

·
Registered
2020 E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her
12 Posts
Please let us know if you work that out! Also the first button I press in the car to disable it.

Why don’t you define it as an SUV etron boy?

·
Registered
38 Posts
More Negatives :- Technik...Can't open the boot from outside the car unless you have the key in your hand..or am I missing the boot release on the tail gate? Some of the Plastic's are a bit low rent (Cheap). Leather quality on the seats...is....just like the smooth stuff you get in a Nisan pick up truck. Hate that it rolls back at junctions / hills.....WHY???? No Hold assist like in an Automatic?? Lights could be better.....It already needs a Software update and a day spent at the dealers......Fellow E-Troner's...you need to check with your dealer as Audi don't write to inform you!!!!

Charging port door freezes in cold weather and will not open up.....Keep a kettle handy folks.

Steering lacks any feel and feels a bit detached from whats going on....forget about putting it fast around sharp bends.

Still can't believe the price of this thing!!!!!!!!!
My e-tron never rolls back and the hold assist comes on whenever i have my foot on the brake for more than a second or two (and the car is stationary.) Maybe you've somehow switched it off, or arent allowing the car to come to a full standstill?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s true - our car applies hold assist automatically too. It is a tick-box in the driver assistance settings (? I haven’t RTFM)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's too car like to be an SUV:- size / shape / driving position you can't see over the car in front of you etc. The utility side of it... the back window slopes at a sharp angle eating into the boot space headroom ( the dog will testify to that). To me the SUV is a jack of all trades....go anywhere, people carrier, van etc.
I'm not experiencing all of that in the etron.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sounds to me like you may also be an ex Disco3/4 owner.... ? (We don’t need that huge space or massive practicality any more, but I do still miss it sometimes)

For me “SUV” is a pretty broad brush these days - X3, FPace, Velar, Macan, GLE all similar in size to the E-Tron. And manufacturers love to blend the lines of demarcation too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
That’s true - our car applies hold assist automatically too. It is a tick-box in the driver assistance settings (? I haven’t RTFM)
Yes, you can activate/deactivate Hold Assist via the MMI. It is also one of the features that you can create a shortcut for and have it at hand on your Shortcut Screen. I find it useful to be able to switch it on and off quickly for situations where turning it off is advised--such as before taking it through an automatic car wash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It sounds to me like you may also be an ex Disco3/4 owner.... ? (We don’t need that huge space or massive practicality any more, but I do still miss it sometimes)

For me “SUV” is a pretty broad brush these days - X3, FPace, Velar, Macan, GLE all similar in size to the E-Tron. And manufacturers love to blend the lines of demarcation too.
mik

No ex about it, still have the D4 thank god! Good guess????? Having had the E-tron for 8 months both wife and I looking forward to getting shot of it at end of lease.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hehe.

I’m just down the road in Glasgow but I wasn’t stalking you.

Mrs mik had a D3 Metropolis (with a BAS remap) followed by a D4 HSE (255 with the 8sp ZF). There is nothing quite like them IMHO. 😎

Shame you aren’t getting on with the ETron, but hey - different strokes for different folks. And I always reflect on a great statement I read years ago (Fast Lane mag possibly?) that you either love your car despite its foibles, or hate it despite its virtues. 😁

I am a total petrolhead with a huge love of manual boxes, so it’s not “my thing”, but there is a lot to like, and most importantly Mrs mik loves her E-Tron.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hehe.

I’m just down the road in Glasgow but I wasn’t stalking you.

Mrs mik had a D3 Metropolis (with a BAS remap) followed by a D4 HSE (255 with the 8sp ZF). There is nothing quite like them IMHO. 😎

Shame you aren’t getting on with the ETron, but hey - different strokes for different folks. And I always reflect on a great statement I read years ago (Fast Lane mag possibly?) that you either love your car despite its foibles, or hate it despite its virtues. 😁

I am a total petrolhead with a huge love of manual boxes, so it’s not “my thing”, but there is a lot to like, and most importantly Mrs mik loves her E-Tron.
Yes....totally smitten with the Disco XXV :) and thanks to Landrover, they have saved me a fortune by destroying the Disco 5 / Defender.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts