Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 eTron / 20 X3M
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the eTron Premium on Saturday, my first EV. Coming from a lifted 2020 Ram 1500 it's quite a change. I was set on getting the Glacier White on black but once I saw the Siam Beige I made a b-line straight to this baby. Happy to be in the club!

·
Registered
2021 eTron / 20 X3M
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations @MrAndrewArnold! Welcome to the forum! What convinced you to switch to an EV?
I wanted to lower my payments, and with gas prices going up $1 a gallon so far. The huge discounts on the eTron this month made financial sense. I am slightly worried about the range of the eTron but if I have to take any long trips I still have my wife's X3M.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
That is what I am doing - going electric for 99% of my trips and keeping my gas Q5 behind as backup for that 1% and longer trips. I think it will reduce my gas expenses to near nothing long term, since we do not do much road tripping now anyway

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got the eTron Premium on Saturday, my first EV. Coming from a lifted 2020 Ram 1500 it's quite a change. I was set on getting the Glacier White on black but once I saw the Siam Beige I made a b-line straight to this baby. Happy to be in the club!

View attachment 1464
I am thinking as well. How is the ride quality? Any booming noise people talking about? Where in Florida. I am in tampa.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Can't say I have heard any real booming except for some suspension sounds as I go over rough roads. Without ICE noise, the cabin is SO quiet.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes, I recall when I first got the car and experienced how quiet it was. My first thought was that I would not want to be responsible for the fit and finish of the interior. ANY tiny squeak would be really annoying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, I recall when I first got the car and experienced how quiet it was. My first thought was that I would not want to be responsible for the fit and finish of the interior. ANY tiny squeak would be really annoying.
Any guidance on extended warranty. I am going tomorrow to purchase . I plan to keep till 100-120k. Have you purchased any extended warranty?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
I have not yet but likely will before the factory one expires. A lot depends whether i plan to keep the car way past that or not

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
I had quotes for 35k miles I expect to have by the time I run out of factory warranty and it was cheaper than a comparable gas car. It seems there is much more there to go wrong in ICE cars

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had quotes for 35k miles I expect to have by the time I run out of factory warranty and it was cheaper than a comparable gas car. It seems there is much more there to go wrong in ICE cars
Do you remember by chance which company was underwriter / guarantor? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I took out the extended warranty when I leased. Basically, I had no clue about what might go wrong. Now that I am learning more about the thousands of "modules" , having the warranty gives peace of mind.

·
Registered
2021 eTron / 20 X3M
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am thinking as well. How is the ride quality? Any booming noise people talking about? Where in Florida. I am in tampa.
I'm in Cocoa Beach, Florida but used to live in the Tampa area. No booms or noises from me, I do hear wind near the windows when going above 90 MPH. The ride quality is typical German engineering. I personally would never purchase an Audi or any German car, lease only. Give it back after 3 years and get another. You never purchase a depreciating asset. The second you drive off the lot you lost 15% of its value and after 3 years it's roughly 50-60%.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in Cocoa Beach, Florida but used to live in the Tampa area. No booms or noises from me, I do hear wind near the windows when going above 90 MPH. The ride quality is typical German engineering. I personally would never purchase an Audi or any German car, lease only. Give it back after 3 years and get another. You never purchase a depreciating asset. The second you drive off the lot you lost 15% of its value and after 3 years it's roughly 50-60%.
Great to hear you enjoy your ride. Deciding on purchasing today. I like to keep mine for about 6-8 years. I drive 16000 miles per year so lease won’t work plus I believe after your lease is over you have nothing to keep( your down payment, lease and car are gone). I like to have no car payments for few years once paid off. It’s just like renting versus owning your house . When renting you don’t build any equity and your rent money is gone though your rent will be lower than mortgage but owning helps to keep some equity. Ultimately the math comes out to similar buy you can recover some money when you trade in for your next as opposed to lease where you have no trade in to offer.
but I love your color..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts