Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was going to list these individually but I think it might just be easier and less messy on the forum to put it into one thread.
My E-tron 2019 55 (13k miles on the clock) has gone back to the dealer after a whole 6 days of ownership but to be fair, I knew it would due to finding a dent during handover.

While it is in, I have raised a few queries but thought I would re-ask here too.

1. Do your brake parts show a lot of rust? I don't mean the face of the discs as I appreciate after a wash for instance, this happens but I'm talking about the edge of the disc, the surrounding areas etc.

1a. Possibly related, when the car is sat overnight, driving it out does make a bit of a rubbing sound almost like the discs are rubbing against the pads but after 10 seconds ,it goes away.

2. My Audi has been horrendous. It's all paired up and when it works, it works. Best part of 7 hours yesterday it refused to connect to the car which was just outside. Error I get is usually E.PA.VSR.1 (2106230028) or similar.

3. FOD Missing - I see a number of threads regarding this. Did it get resolved and if so, how? My lights for instance are FOD prepped but nothing appears in the app or purchases.

4. My Audi app has a constant warning stating Please add Washer Fluid since April 2021. Car does not mention it and given it was serviced last week, my assumption is there is fluid but I cannot clear it. Will admit, I have not checked so hopefully they will on the back of raising it.

5. Is there an expectation the J1235 module should be replaced or is this a hit and miss on those who have had the issue with the motor vs those who will

6. Is there a way to check the state of battery via vcds - I don't mean how much range remaining etc but how many cycles the battery has had, any degradation etc?

The rest are cosmetic issues such as something rolling - like a coin - when turning corners but can't find it. Left knee panel (UK Car) clicks when resting on it like a clip is out of place, 93HG recall not showing as complete on erwin or my audi and finally when they picked the car up this morning, the driver noticed two wheels with scratches.
Given I've only done 2 motorway trips, I can't see how. Looking at pictures taken in the handover bay, one of the wheel clearly shows the scratch but I cannot figure out how the heck I managed to notice a small dent in the door frame area but missed the scratch on an alloy.

For now, I get to drive around in a brand new A8 55 (3.0 petrol) with some toys I wish I now had (HUD, sunroof, power door closure and of course the opening/closing peek-a-boo vents)

I probably have annoyed both salesman (dealt with him previous a few times) and the service advisor (my usual contact for all things Audi aftersales) with the amount of queries but while under warranty, I may as well raise it all especially as some could be deemed as being ignored as part of the 148 point check.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
1. Do your brake parts show a lot of rust? I don't mean the face of the discs as I appreciate after a wash for instance, this happens but I'm talking about the edge of the disc, the surrounding areas etc.
None, including after rain, driving on roads with salt on them (yes, they still do that in here)
2. My Audi has been horrendous. It's all paired up and when it works, it works. Best part of 7 hours yesterday it refused to connect to the car which was just outside. Error I get is usually E.PA.VSR.1 (2106230028) or similar.
Have been seeing it on and off for a few days now.
5. Is there an expectation the J1235 module should be replaced or is this a hit and miss on those who have had the issue with the motor vs those who will
As far as I know, it is a VIN specific issue, so model, production year, batch etc.
6. Is there a way to check the state of battery via vcds - I don't mean how much range remaining etc but how many cycles the battery has had, any degradation etc?
Not that I know off. I have a feature request with VCDS team, but so far - they do not even have a car to test it on.
For now, I get to drive around in a brand new A8 55 (3.0 petrol) with some toys I wish I now had (HUD, sunroof, power door closure and of course the opening/closing peek-a-boo vents)
Yeah, once you go eTron, everything else seems to be missing at least a few things.
I probably have annoyed both salesman (dealt with him previous a few times) and the service advisor (my usual contact for all things Audi aftersales) with the amount of queries but while under warranty, I may as well raise it all especially as some could be deemed as being ignored as part of the 148 point check.
Oh, you will not beat me. I am on third service advisor and I am just starting the happy lane trip with the SOS call module failing on me. They had it replaced only to have failed within 48 hours. I am back into service shop tomorrow to get it done, again. Plus my cameras lose all guides at random, which is annoying most of the time, unless it happens in a situation where they are really handy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As always, thank you for your reply!

I have had a reply back and so for the ones that matter here:

1. Brakes: According to dealer, it is normal. They've checked with techs who in turn have checked the car and result is no more/less than usual. I'll upload a few pictures on here once I get it back and see what you/everyone thinks.

I also raised along with the brakes the clunk sound on a dead-stop (at the lights for instance) but this too is normal

2. My Audi - they're looking into it. Seems to imply it is a known issue at the moment with servers going down etc. If it is, I am shocked a company as big as Audi have such shoddy infrastructure especially now that everythings in the cloud too.
It's 11:30pm here and the last update on the app was 5pm - I've been unable to refresh since the 5pm update.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
1. Brakes: According to dealer, it is normal. They've checked with techs who in turn have checked the car and result is no more/less than usual. I'll upload a few pictures on here once I get it back and see what you/everyone thinks.

I also raised along with the brakes the clunk sound on a dead-stop (at the lights for instance) but this too is normal
That is like calling an IT support and them saying "it works on my side". Dealers will always try to describe everything as "normal". We can discuss more once you have photos up here to examine. I drove my eTron through 2.5 months of winter weather, with salt, grime, water, etc. and did not notice any rust on brake elements. I do notice it on my Q5 after washing the rims, but those brakes to get used a lot as designed, there is no regen available there.

2. My Audi - they're looking into it. Seems to imply it is a known issue at the moment with servers going down etc. If it is, I am shocked a company as big as Audi have such shoddy infrastructure especially now that everythings in the cloud too.
It's 11:30pm here and the last update on the app was 5pm - I've been unable to refresh since the 5pm update.
I stopped paying attention to the app, honestly. It is cute and all but it is a car first and outside of infrequent status checks, it went pretty much into disuse. I might refresh it when and if I need to go and change on EA chargers, but that is pretty much all the use that it gets for me.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
As always, thank you for your reply!

I have had a reply back and so for the ones that matter here:

The MyAudi app has been a constant source of annoyance for me since I got my SUV in Dec 2019. At the moment, I am logged out on the MMI from my account and can't log back in. Your "shock" will progress to "simmering resignation" over time.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Oh, you will not beat me. I am on third service advisor and I am just starting the happy lane trip with the SOS call module failing on me. They had it replaced only to have failed within 48 hours. I am back into service shop tomorrow to get it done, again. Plus my cameras lose all guides at random, which is annoying most of the time, unless it happens in a situation where they are really handy.
I'm scheduled to take my 2019 in on Saturday to do a hard reset on the Communications Module to see if that fixes my SOS alert problem. Apparently the SOS alert malfunction is a fairly widespread issue among many Audi models, so at least the etron is not being singled out.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Apparently the SOS alert malfunction is a fairly widespread issue among many Audi models, so at least the etron is not being singled out.
If the next round does not resolve the problem, I will just disable the whole module in VCDS and move on with it. I will not be using it anyway, but since the car is under warranty, I can as well try to have it resolved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts