Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
Q4 E Tron Technik + Tech Package
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally I would want to wash by hand but the weather isn’t really kind in the winter and I really want to get the winter gunk off. Has anyone tried taking the car through touchless washes at gas stations?

· Registered
94 Posts
Ideally I would want to wash by hand but the weather isn’t really kind in the winter and I really want to get the winter gunk off. Has anyone tried taking the car through touchless washes at gas stations?
Yes twice, I live in Quebec so it removes most of the salt and crap from the road. Still not very clean at the end though. I had a weird parking sensor error during the wash too.

· Registered
54 Posts
Yes twice, I live in Quebec so it removes most of the salt and crap from the road. Still not very clean at the end though. I had a weird parking sensor error during the wash too.
Same issue, all the sensors make an error message after car wash, just had to turn off/on and everything was fine after.

· Registered
2019 e-Tron 55 Premium Plus with Full Driving Assistance
213 Posts
If touchless means nothing actually touches the car, then may be this is a good idea, but as many pointed out, it doesn't do a very good job.
But I would definitely not recommend using an automatic car wash, a friend of mine had a huge chunk of paint scraped off at my local gas station car wash 😭

· Registered
54 Posts
If touchless means nothing actually touches the car, then may be this is a good idea, but as many pointed out, it doesn't do a very good job.
But I would definitely not recommend using an automatic car wash, a friend of mine had a huge chunk of paint scraped off at my local gas station car wash 😭
On an Audi ??

· Registered
18 Posts
Invest in a pressure washer and foam cannon. You can do a much better "touch-less" wash at home.
Remember that most people live in apartments, so having a place to do the washing at home is not a given.

But regardless, you have to do a lot of cleaning to justify spending like 500 euro on a washer instead of 15 euro per month at a pay-as-you-go cleaner.

· Registered
Q4 E Tron Technik + Tech Package
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same. My threshold to wash the car in the winter is when the car is so dusty and someone writes or draws something by wiping the dust with their finger.
I think I may just suck up and try one of the coin washes on one of the days the temps go over freezing. From what I have heard the quality of the soap isn't the best but they also don't let you bring your own.

That depends on the country ...
Perhaps it's different in Europe? But I do find it crazy that a pressure washer is that expensive considering the prices I have seen are much less and in CAD.

· Registered
2022, etron gt
126 Posts
I just use the regular drive-through car wash with all the brushes and sprays. I like it because it washes both the top and bottom and does a good job. I’ve used the same car wash for years on all my cars (including my wife’s Bentley) and have never had any issues (like scratches). And you get that wax spray at the end. And I have an etron GT with a glass roof. I want a wash that will take the bugs and bird poop off! The car wash that my Audi dealer uses does a terrible job, so I don’t even bother to get them to do it anymore.

· Registered
2 Posts
I just use the regular drive-through car wash with all the brushes and sprays. I like it because it washes both the top and bottom and does a good job. I’ve used the same car wash for years on all my cars (including my wife’s Bentley) and have never had any issues (like scratches). And you get that wax spray at the end. And I have an etron GT with a glass roof. I want a wash that will take the bugs and bird poop off! The car wash that my Audi dealer uses does a terrible job, so I don’t even bother to get them to do it anymore.
I use the drive through wash then I vacuum and dry myself.
My Audi dealer said Due to Covid we no longer do customer washes. What a bunch of Malarkey!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts