Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
246 Posts
@frios thanks for answering questions on the forum. If you don’t mind, I have a few:

What do you do if the dealer is not performing known TSBs on request? After a long back-and-forth I sent a detailed letter to Audi USA and they replied with a canned response to ask the dealer.

I have weather seals that are hanging off up to 1mm (and as a result are allowing debris on the sticky part). They just said “eh that’s kind of how they are.” Is that actually acceptable?

There are also numerous software issues, which they have no answer for whatsoever. I don’t expect perfection, but so many software items are glitchy/fail to work consistently.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have two 2019 eTrons since Sept 2020, his and her's :)
Wife's has 6k miles on it, mine only 2k. No problem with mine. Her's has this on and off issue with the alarm and lock system. Once in a while the trunk would open by itself in the garage bumping the garage door. Also we would open a door with key in hand and the alarm would go off. Weird gremlin. Haven't had that issue with mine though.
Other wise all good.
I leased both and would highly recommend leasing an eTron or any EV for that matter especially Audi is offering very favorable lease deals EV is like tech gadget. Technology will continue to improve rapidly. I wouldn't be surprised eTron range would be up to 300 by the time my 3 year lease is over.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Technology will continue to improve rapidly. I wouldn't be surprised eTron range would be up to 300 by the time my 3 year lease is over.
I suspect that kind of range will happen only if the e-tron goes on a strict diet. It’s hard to imagine a 300 mile range at its current heft unless: a) they went with a huge battery b) they had some incredible, unforeseen efficiency improvements or c) they shed a ton of weight (pun intended ;)). Of course a combination of all 3 factors is a possibility but unlikely.

The question might also become, how much of the current e-tron’s ride quality are you willing to sacrifice in pursuit of that increased range? Although the upcoming Q4 will only see a modest range increase, it may give us a preview of the ‘range vs ride quality’ formula.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I suspect that kind of range will happen only if the e-tron goes on a strict diet. It’s hard to imagine a 300 mile range at its current heft unless: a) they went with a huge battery b) they had some incredible, unforeseen efficiency improvements or c) they shed a ton of weight (pun intended ;)). Of course a combination of all 3 factors is a possibility but unlikely.

The question might also become, how much of the current e-tron’s ride quality are you willing to sacrifice in pursuit of that increased range? Although the upcoming Q4 will only see a modest range increase, it may give us a preview of the ‘range vs ride quality’ formula.
You are right. 300 miles in 3 years time is more of a Elon Musk BS unrealistic projection. I think 250 and above is very achievable from improved battery chemistry, weight reduction and better efficiency from the drivetrain. The 2021 is alreday at 220 miles range by disengaging the front motors when not needed and squeezing more from the battery.
Compare with Tesla the eTron is loaded with every luxurious feature under the sun. I am sure the noise insulation material on the eTron weights a ton too and that's why the eTron is so awesomely quiet. I hope Audi won't sacrafice too much on the luxury side especially the quietness in pursuit of longer range.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts