Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously the fully charged battery will not take me all of the way. Does someone know of a fast charge stop on the route (or two) where I can recharge in a short time and get on my way? Or a link to where I can research that? Has anyone done this, experience? Thanks. ~Barry - Galactic White

·
Registered
29 Posts
While I haven't been out west with my e-tron, try the Electrify America website map first. It looks like they have chargers every 100 or so miles on the 15 to LA. And have a backup plan incase the EA chargers are not working, using chargepoint, EVgo or other charging stations. All the EA charging stations along the way each have 8 charging stations, so hopefully at least one of them should be in working order And make sure you MyAudi app is working ti enable EA charging from it. A few weeks ago I couldn't get the app to work and I had to use a credit card to get a charge (and the chip reader didn't work for me - has to swipe the card to get it to work).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I haven't been out west with my e-tron, try the Electrify America website map first. It looks like they have chargers every 100 or so miles on the 15 to LA. And have a backup plan incase the EA chargers are not working, using chargepoint, EVgo or other charging stations. All the EA charging stations along the way each have 8 charging stations, so hopefully at least one of them should be in working order And make sure you MyAudi app is working ti enable EA charging from it. A few weeks ago I couldn't get the app to work and I had to use a credit card to get a charge (and the chip reader didn't work for me - has to swipe the card to get it to work).
Thanks so much! Having trouble with the MyApp and EA, so visiting Audi this week to get it all dialed in. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
PlugShare is the most reliable app I have found for locating chargers. In my experience it has a better database of working EA locations than the EA app! It has a route planning tool as well.
And the user updates are well worth it. You might learn a charger is not working, or "the one on the right is mislabeled and is actually faster."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously the fully charged battery will not take me all of the way. Does someone know of a fast charge stop on the route (or two) where I can recharge in a short time and get on my way? Or a link to where I can research that? Has anyone done this, experience? Thanks. ~Barry - Galactic White
ELECTRIFY AMERICA HAS A STOP AT HESPERIA, CA, BARSTOW CA, BAKER CA. WHICH SHOULD GET YOU TO VEGAS

·
Registered
4 Posts
ELECTRIFY AMERICA HAS A STOP AT HESPERIA, CA, BARSTOW CA, BAKER CA. WHICH SHOULD GET YOU TO VEGAS
Yes, we got our ETEUTON in Henderson and used both Baker and Hesperia on the way home to San Diego and I fully agree Plugshare is the most reliable for us EVers. Been using it for past 5 years with the B-Class - it has the advantage that you can find personal plugs - J1772 or 40/50 A receptacles at folks houses (after you contact them by TXT/SMS) where you can use your car on-the-go Level2 in extreme cases. Had to do that couple times with the small Teuton ...

Happy travels!

PS writing this from an EA charging session in Poway CA. They are coming along nicely lately (BTW VW/Porche/Audi is a huge investor in EA!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, we got our ETEUTON in Henderson and used both Baker and Hesperia on the way home to San Diego and I fully agree Plugshare is the most reliable for us EVers. Been using it for past 5 years with the B-Class - it has the advantage that you can find personal plugs - J1772 or 40/50 A receptacles at folks houses (after you contact them by TXT/SMS) where you can use your car on-the-go Level2 in extreme cases. Had to do that couple times with the small Teuton ...

Happy travels!

PS writing this from an EA charging session in Poway CA. They are coming along nicely lately (BTW VW/Porche/Audi is a huge investor in EA!)
Thanks for the info. Appreciate everyone's input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts