Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its hot in the US so haven't used the heater at all, but last winter, I did a lot and the sound coming out of the car was amazingly loud. Now that the forum has a lot of members, has anyone else experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Are you referring to noise from inside or outside of the vehicle? I also haven't used the heater, but I'd suggest planning a trip to the dealer when the temps drop. Then they can compare your vehicle with another on the lot and see if it's "normal" or not. That might be more helpful as noise can be quite subjective.

Or I guess you could just do that now, although it would be quite uncomfortable if you are needing to sit inside the cabin for this test. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. its both. I actually sent a video to Audi service and Audi corporate. I think it's weird, but no follow up from them. I cant seem to attach it here says not an allowable extension. Will try one more time

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Thanks for the reply. its both. I actually sent a video to Audi service and Audi corporate. I think it's weird, but no follow up from them. I cant seem to attach it here says not an allowable extension. Will try one more time
Gotcha. I'll state the obvious, that because this is an EV, there is no engine noise to mask "normal" noises from other vehicle functions. But the best way to determine if it's normal is still probably a physical visit to the dealer.

The site only accepts picture attachments. For videos, you'll want to insert a shared link from cloud storage, or even upload to YouTube. You can set YT uploads as "viewable with link only," if you'd like

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its hot in the US so haven't used the heater at all, but last winter, I did a lot and the sound coming out of the car was amazingly loud. Now that the forum has a lot of members, has anyone else experienced this?
Last winter I did notice the heater emitting a loud noise, but for me it was easy to ignore. Really only noticeable with the car in our garage and a door open; not loud enough to be annoying while driving.
For reference I have the Cold Weather Package with additional high voltage cabin heater.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
In the UK we use the heater al the time😀I agree that my car is so quiet that I notice the external noise more. But I don’t think it’s out of the norm. As far as inside the cabin goes again I would class mine as normal. In fact I don’t notice it. As well advised by @omegafiler and generally a great way to put your mind at rest with most noise issues is to ask on here and then to compare side by side on a car pitch (Uk) or a car lot (USA!)
Side note I much prefer “Car lot” !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was it a whistling sound? I test drove a prestige with cold weather package and the heat had a loud whistle. It was annoying for sure. Our Tesla doesn’t make that sound so I figured there was an issue - or it hadn’t been run in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts