Audi e-tron Forum banner
61 - 80 of 131 Posts

Registered
2022, etron gt
Joining the list of GT owners with no heat. Worked perfectly 2 days ago. Today got in and zilch, nothing. Plus point is I鈥檓 seeing economy figures I haven鈥檛 seen since summer - over 3 miles/kWh! 馃ぃ
Booked in for next week; pushed them hard on putting the heater on order now but dealer said there鈥檚 no problem with parts availability and they have them in stock鈥鈥檝e a feeling they鈥檙e on another planet and I鈥檓 going to arrive to find a less positive atmosphere. 馃ス
I鈥檒l join this no heater list as well (2022 GT). Working two days ago, but didn鈥檛 work when going to dinner last night, and didn鈥榯 work again today on a 12-15 mile round trip. Windows started to fog up at one point. Trying to get a service appt. now. Not anxious to wait weeks/months for parts.

Registered
e-tron GT Vorsprung Kemora Grey
Most of you guys around the 10,000 mile mark? Seen a few comments from people with approx this mileage. Taycan forums full of people with the same issue. I'm at 11,000 miles, car is 16 months old.

Registered
Just been digging some more and had a scan with my OBD tool. Same as others have the Aux Air Conditioning error if I try to go to that menu in the MMI.
And fault code B182C04 for the HV heater.

Vehicle Gas Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Font

Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Multimedia

Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
sorry to everyone having issues. it does seem like a more common problem with our GTs and Taycans than some other stuff posted about on forums.

Did you all have any warning signs? or did it just abruptly stop working one day?

I'm at nearly 30,000 miles on my GT, just over 1 year of ownership. i'm hoping i'm past these types of gremlins but would not be surprised if it happened to me as well.

Registered
sorry to everyone having issues. it does seem like a more common problem with our GTs and Taycans than some other stuff posted about on forums.

Did you all have any warning signs? or did it just abruptly stop working one day?

I'm at nearly 30,000 miles on my GT, just over 1 year of ownership. i'm hoping i'm past these types of gremlins but would not be surprised if it happened to me as well.
Mine just did not pre heat the car one day, then as I drove the car for 15 minutes there was a strong smell (like an old electric fire with dust on) and it worked for 5 minutes then nothing again. I was using the pre heater 3 times a day for about a month to preheat the car so it was getting a lot of use.

Registered
Following up on mine, the dealer says the high voltage heater unit failed. And as we all suspected, they are on back order. I was told I was number 13 on the list in the US, looks like I'm gonna be driving the Q5 loaner for a while. :( Sure it's not as fun, but it could be much worse. Happy they have one for me.

Registered
2022, etron gt
Following up on mine, the dealer says the high voltage heater unit failed. And as we all suspected, they are on back order. I was told I was number 13 on the list in the US, looks like I'm gonna be driving the Q5 loaner for a while. :( Sure it's not as fun, but it could be much worse. Happy they have one for me.
Got the call from the service department. Same as everybody else, the high voltage heater is out and will need to be replaced. On back order with minimum of 25 days.鈥ut probably much more.

Registered
I鈥檓 at the dealer right now with mine. Before even taking it in they鈥檝e already pre-warned me that they have cars sat at the back awaiting new heaters since鈥ait for it鈥UGUST! 馃く Probably going to keep driving my car while awaiting the part but they did warn me that the offer of a courtesy petrol car from Audi is only on the table today.

Registered
2022, etron gt
I鈥檓 at the dealer right now with mine. Before even taking it in they鈥檝e already pre-warned me that they have cars sat at the back awaiting new heaters since鈥ait for it鈥UGUST! 馃く Probably going to keep driving my car while awaiting the part but they did warn me that the offer of a courtesy petrol car from Audi is only on the table today.
Ouch! Guess I鈥檒l get used to driving my car without a heater. Thank goodness for those seat warmers! Let鈥檚 hope they don鈥檛 go out also. 馃槱 My service simply offered to 鈥減ut me on a list鈥 for the next available loaner car. But I鈥檇 been told before that the list was a month long. So I鈥檓 picking my car up this afternoon.

Does anybody know if this heater problem is limited to a certain type or date range of etron (GT)? I鈥檝e ordered a 2023 RSGT, and am REALLY hoping this problem is resolved with a new high voltage heater design before it goes into the build phase.

Registered
I took my car home after they confirmed the issue - weather here isn鈥檛 forecast to get super cold again in the next few weeks anyway. Seat and steering wheel heating are grand for me. Jokingly I got them to agree that it鈥榙 be fixed before next winter. 馃槀

xderlq, Taycan forums have many posts of brand new Taycans being delivered with no heating so I鈥檇 have my doubts. Dealer here did say theres a new part number so they believe this is probably because of a redesign but that so far Audi have not actually publicly acknowledged there is a problem so they don鈥檛 have any info other than that the reason for the wait is due to it being a redesigned part rather than a replacement with the same again. My dealer is one of the smaller UK dealers so the fact they鈥檝e so many awaiting a replacement is surprising. They said they fully expect this will turn into a recall for all etron GT once there is an adequate supply of new heaters.

Registered
2022, etron gt
I took my car home after they confirmed the issue - weather here isn鈥檛 forecast to get super cold again in the next few weeks anyway. Seat and steering wheel heating are grand for me. Jokingly I got them to agree that it鈥榙 be fixed before next winter. 馃槀

xderlq, Taycan forums have many posts of brand new Taycans being delivered with no heating so I鈥檇 have my doubts. Dealer here did say theres a new part number so they believe this is probably because of a redesign but that so far Audi have not actually publicly acknowledged there is a problem so they don鈥檛 have any info other than that the reason for the wait is due to it being a redesigned part rather than a replacement with the same again. My dealer is one of the smaller UK dealers so the fact they鈥檝e so many awaiting a replacement is surprising. They said they fully expect this will turn into a recall for all etron GT once there is an adequate supply of new heaters.
I believe the part number for my HV heater is Z189. Is that the same as yours? Do you know what the new part number is? I鈥檝e asked my service department for the new, replacement part number for the new HV heater, but the tech has responded yet.

Registered
I'm not sure if it is just a certain type or date range as the same part in Taycans is also failing. Also this is the 2nd time my heater has failed. Had it replaced last in Dec 2020 when I had done 9k Miles and it's now failed again at 19k Miles. I have made the call to the local Audi dealership but the earliest they can even see the car is 16th and by the looks of everyone's experience I guess I will be driving without the heater for a while!

Registered
Same problem here. As a temporary replacement I got an Audi A3 at the end of November. The dealer expected to fix my GT by the December. As of today still not fixed. Was phoned by the dealer last Friday telling me to bring back the A3. They wanted to replace it for another car. I got an A1 back. Also they told me they have no idea when they can fix my car. He told me that the importer has stated that all Taycan issues on the heating system will be solved first before they will start solving the Audi issues on the heating system!
Really disappointed in Audi. I used to drive Tesla and left them because of their bad service. Audi is not performing any better. A car of more than 120K Euro :((

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Same problem here. As a temporary replacement I got an Audi A3 at the end of November. The dealer expected to fix my GT by the December. As of today still not fixed. Was phoned by the dealer last Friday telling me to bring back the A3. They wanted to replace it for another car. I got an A1 back. Also they told me they have no idea when they can fix my car. He told me that the importer has stated that all Taycan issues on the heating system will be solved first before they will start solving the Audi issues on the heating system!
Really disappointed in Audi. I used to drive Tesla and left them because of their bad service. Audi is not performing any better. A car of more than 120K Euro :((
OMG an a1, I wouldnt like that. I hope you have the option to drive your e Tron untill they have the heater on stock. Or maybe some sort of refund from Audi, if you are paying monthly rates.

Registered
If it's not bad enough on its own to go back to the dealership only to switch loaner cars, ... you get downgraded to the smallest car in the Audi fleet. "Groen lachen" as we say in Dutch.

Registered
If it's not bad enough on its own to go back to the dealership only to switch loaner cars, ... you get downgraded to the smallest car in the Audi fleet. "Groen lachen" as we say in Dutch.
Mine has been at the dealers 6 weeks now swapped a manual A3 for a brand new A6 avant auto 2 weeks ago. Still no sign of a part delivery date. Taycans are being fixed much quicker in the UK from what I see on their forum.

.... And I have now lost communication with the car via myAudi app so assume the 12v battery is dead.

Registered
2022, etron gt
Mine has been at the dealers 6 weeks now swapped a manual A3 for a brand new A6 avant auto 2 weeks ago. Still no sign of a part delivery date. Taycans are being fixed much quicker in the UK from what I see on their forum.

.... And I have now lost communication with the car via myAudi app so assume the 12v battery is dead.
Perhaps you can ask the dealership to turn the car on long enough for it to recharge the 12 volt battery, so you can regain communication. Is it not warm enough in the UK to drive it鈥ven without the heater? That鈥檚 what I鈥檓 doing here in the Pacific Northwest of the USA. I鈥榤 just using the seat warmers. I鈥檓 concerned the HV heaters are going to be on back order for months.

Registered
Created a new post then found this thread. My year old etron GT had a complete heating failure around 3 weeks ago. I live in Scotland and in winter it is making the car pretty unusable. Audi are unable to say how long until parts will be available, but the local Audi dealership said they have three other customers with GTs with the same issue. We are also struggling to get audi to give us any replacement temporary vehicle, never mind a comparable one, whilst we wait an indefinite amount of time in winter for the repair.

Registered
2022, etron gt
Created a new post then found this thread. My year old etron GT had a complete heating failure around 3 weeks ago. I live in Scotland and in winter it is making the car pretty unusable. Audi are unable to say how long until parts will be available, but the local Audi dealership said they have three other customers with GTs with the same issue. We are also struggling to get audi to give us any replacement temporary vehicle, never mind a comparable one, whilst we wait an indefinite amount of time in winter for the repair.
Sorry to hear that NF1. But you鈥檙e not alone鈥.globally. Audi is blaming the delay on replacement parts on the chip shortage, but they haven鈥檛 said anything about why the high voltage heaters are going out on all their EVs all over the world. Of course they鈥檙e mostly reported in cold climates. in addition to using the seat warmers, my wife has added a heavy blanket to my 2022 GT, so she can cover up. When does it start warming up in Scotland? Our son and niece are going on a UK vacation in April.

61 - 80 of 131 Posts