Audi e-tron Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear that NF1. But you’re not alone….globally. Audi is blaming the delay on replacement parts on the chip shortage, but they haven’t said anything about why the high voltage heaters are going out on all their EVs all over the world. Of course they’re mostly reported in cold climates. in addition to using the seat warmers, my wife has added a heavy blanket to my 2022 GT, so she can cover up. When does it start warming up in Scotland? Our son and niece are going on a UK vacation in April.
Thanks for the information. Audi are due to call tomorrow. We will see what they have to say. Sadly ...it is never very warm in Scotland..apart from maybe 20C in July! Other parts of southern UK are less cold and wet.

· Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to hear that NF1. But you’re not alone….globally. Audi is blaming the delay on replacement parts on the chip shortage, but they haven’t said anything about why the high voltage heaters are going out on all their EVs all over the world. Of course they’re mostly reported in cold climates. in addition to using the seat warmers, my wife has added a heavy blanket to my 2022 GT, so she can cover up. When does it start warming up in Scotland? Our son and niece are going on a UK vacation in April.
I am hoping mine holds out until there is an actual fix instead of just swapping in a new, working but flawed unit. The unit gets a workout every day here with the Vermont winter.

· Registered
15 Posts
So I gave my GT in on Monday, after an hour or so of negotiations of me asking them to order the parts and let me keep the car as they could not give me anything comparable which they wouldn't budge on we settled on them providing a credit hire for the duration. I was told I could take my pick of cars subject to availability, the only thing available that I could consider was a manual A4 with no Autos on offer at all. I have put a change request in for when something nicer comes back in.

From the impression I got, this is gonna take 4-8 weeks. Anyone on finance considered talking to the finance company for any kind of compensation? Mine is on a business contract and just wondering if it's worth seeing if I can get anything out of them. At the moment I'm paying well over the odds per month to drive an A4.

· Registered
351 Posts
So I gave my GT in on Monday, after an hour or so of negotiations of me asking them to order the parts and let me keep the car as they could not give me anything comparable which they wouldn't budge on we settled on them providing a credit hire for the duration. I was told I could take my pick of cars subject to availability, the only thing available that I could consider was a manual A4 with no Autos on offer at all. I have put a change request in for when something nicer comes back in.

From the impression I got, this is gonna take 4-8 weeks. Anyone on finance considered talking to the finance company for any kind of compensation? Mine is on a business contract and just wondering if it's worth seeing if I can get anything out of them. At the moment I'm paying well over the odds per month to drive an A4.
Sorry to jump in after leaving … but my dealer in the US couldn’t wait to get their hands on my car (RS GT Year One) and is currently displaying it in the showroom with the concept car cover on it. They expect to sell it within days.

Not sure how this is handled on your side of the pond, but my dealer here in the US couldn’t wait to get my car into their inventory to sell.

We picked up some nice deals in exchange for turning this GT back in.

· Registered
2022, etron gt
131 Posts
Sorry to jump in after leaving … but my dealer in the US couldn’t wait to get their hands on my car (RS GT Year One) and is currently displaying it in the showroom with the concept car cover on it. They expect to sell it within days.

Not sure how this is handled on your side of the pond, but my dealer here in the US couldn’t wait to get my car into their inventory to sell.

We picked up some nice deals in exchange for turning this GT back in.
??? Sorry CRR, I guess I’ve been jumping between too many threads. Did you trade your RSGT in on another Audi, or for another EV? Can you fill in the gaps for me? If you traded it back to the dealer, did they give you a good price? I did mention to one of the salesmen at my dealership that I had ordered a 2023 RSGT and would be trading in my 2022 GT. He sounded excited to get it back and have an opportunity to sell it again.

· Registered
5 Posts

I have been offered a low spec Q3 as a "comparable car" today. Is isn't from audi, but they have sourced it through a car hire company on an open ended hire. They say this is "an executive SUV?". I think not. My GT is also business lease. The contract says if the car is not drivable because of a fault, then I will be supplied with a comparable car within 48h. 3 weeks later I still don't have one. I have now written a formal complaint to the lease company, who tried to tell me when I called that this is an audi dealership issue. The finance contract is with them, so they need to help sort this out I think.

· Registered
15 Posts
I have been offered a low spec Q3 as a "comparable car" today. Is isn't from audi, but they have sourced it through a car hire company on an open ended hire. They say this is "an executive SUV?". I think not. My GT is also business lease. The contract says if the car is not drivable because of a fault, then I will be supplied with a comparable car within 48h. 3 weeks later I still don't have one. I have now written a formal complaint to the lease company, who tried to tell me when I called that this is an audi dealership issue. The finance contract is with them, so they need to help sort this out I think.
Was your finance done through your Audi Dealership or 3rd Party? Mine is with Audi Finance.

· Registered
5 Posts
Was your finance done through your Audi Dealership or 3rd Party? Mine is with Audi Finance.
Is VW finance ( so within same group). Manager of dealership called today and said that a comparable car still being sought, so the offered Q3 is a temporary solution to give me a car with heating (I took my son to school at 8am with -3c inside car and outside today). Of 4 cars waiting for parts in the dealership for same fault, the parts are 2 weeks away for the 1st GT (I am 4th). No actual timescale for my car, but feel slightly more optimistic.

· Registered
2022, etron gt
131 Posts
Is VW finance ( so within same group). Manager of dealership called today and said that a comparable car still being sought, so the offered Q3 is a temporary solution to give me a car with heating (I took my son to school at 8am with -3c inside car and outside today). Of 4 cars waiting for parts in the dealership for same fault, the parts are 2 weeks away for the 1st GT (I am 4th). No actual timescale for my car, but feel slightly more optimistic.
BBBBRRRRRRRR! 🥶🥶🥶 Hoping you’re heater will be repaired soon. Let’s hope it may mean that the heaters will be delivered more quickly than originally predicted. Will it be replaced with a heat pump or a resistive heater?

· Registered
28 Posts
After 7 weeks without my car, I finally have an E-tron Suv. Dealer says Audi parts supply is 2-3 weeks away, they have 5 cars waiting for parts in their franchise. I have raised with vwfs (they want 8 weeks to review my complaint!?), I am 5 weeks into this. Audi UK have been beyond hopless throughout, pouring fuel on my already irate fire by suggesting I raise the issue with the Motor Ombudsman.

· Registered
102 Posts
Out of interest... How warm did all of you set the temperature? (Am wondering if there's a correlation between the amount of heat being produced/requested on a cold start and these malfunctions)

· Registered
Audi e-tron GT 2022
7 Posts
I had my new heater ordered 30/12 and yesterday it got too cold to drive due to change of the weather condition in DK (above 6c no problem, below 2c impossible to drive more than 10 minutes). So I went to the local Audi dealer and they took my GT in and gave me free of charge a brand new Audi Q4 e-tron - still no date on when the new heater will arrive, but at least I have a nice car to drive around while waiting.

· Registered
2022, etron gt
131 Posts
Out of interest... How warm did all of you set the temperature? (Am wondering if there's a correlation between the amount of heat being produced/requested on a cold start and these malfunctions)
All temperatures and all settings. The only thing that blows out is cold air (and a lot of it). All my efforts were verified by the Audi service department. It’s been about 2 1/2 weeks since diagnosis and replacement parts order. They told me it would be 6+ weeks (maybe longer) before the replacement parts came in. I’m happy to hear some people are now hearing 2-3 more weeks from their service departments. Gives me some hope. I didn’t get a loaner car. Still driving my GT, just without the heater.

· Registered
e-tron GT Vorsprung Kemora Grey
186 Posts
Usually 20 - 21 degrees C. And rare use of pre-heating on cold mornings last winter to defrost the car. So nothing unusual and especially considering the temperate climate here, very light usage compared to what I imagine many others have in colder countries in winter.

· Registered
102 Posts
Usually 20 - 21 degrees C. And rare use of pre-heating on cold mornings last winter to defrost the car. So nothing unusual and especially considering the temperate climate here, very light usage compared to what I imagine many others have in colder countries in winter.
Yeah, not expecting anything unusual but I'm under the impression that my car has a tendency to (pre-)heat very quickly and might just overshoot the requested temperature on a cold start. Wondering if it fries itself in the process.

· Registered
173 Posts
Through the sheer act of reading this thread, my car has fallen ill to the GT-Cold. I'm going to blow its nose tonight (hard reboot) and see if the heat comes back on tomorrow. I did receive an error message on the app today when I tried to remote set the cabin temp. It worked fine as of a week ago.

· Registered
Audi e-tron GT 2022
7 Posts
I have waited almost 4 weeks now and getting impatient not knowing anything about when I get my car back. I also called Webasto, and they confirm the unknown delivery date - production is apparently on hold because of a piece of the heater they can’t get from the subcontractor.

Since none of us have received any timeframe for the heater replacement, it could be interesting to hear from those of you who already had the heater replaced (country, ordered when, fixed when).

· Registered
3 Posts
I feel for all of you without heaters, not a good time to be without in this cold. Hopefully resolved soon for you all.

Would anyone know if the fault has been corrected or are new cars still being produced with the original / faulty part? Many thanks

· Registered
8 Posts
Mine has failed within the last two weeks. Was pre-conditioning ok for a bit early jan but then failed. Scanned it with OBD and get many errors covering the HV heater and air con system. Also noted when clearing the windscreen it's only clearing the passenger side.

Going to try booking it in tomorrow.

A friend of mine received a brand new car in December with an already failed unit installed.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts