Audi e-tron Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

· Registered
e-tron GT
1 Posts
I feel for all of you without heaters, not a good time to be without in this cold. Hopefully resolved soon for you all.

Would anyone know if the fault has been corrected or are new cars still being produced with the original / faulty part? Many thanks
My 2022 GT is in two weeks now same issue as you guys... no date for replacement part... hope the fault is corrected as no point fitting an original part so frustrating... really miss my GT they did give me an A4 automatic to drive until issue resolved... what can we do 🤔

· Registered
68 Posts
My car fell to the same issue 1 week ago. Dealer cant give me an eta on when the part will be available. I contacted Audi head office, they were useless.

I have a rubbish A5 to drive around in the meantime. If this issue is expected to last for months, then I will demand a Porsche Taycan 4s. Yes they are different brands, but all under VW group so I see no reason why they cant loan the Taycan. Honestly, going from a GT to an A5 that doesnt even have half the features of the GT is abysmal.

· Registered
15 Posts
My car fell to the same issue 1 week ago. Dealer cant give me an eta on when the part will be available. I contacted Audi head office, they were useless.

I have a rubbish A5 to drive around in the meantime. If this issue is expected to last for months, then I will demand a Porsche Taycan 4s. Yes they are different brands, but all under VW group so I see no reason why they cant loan the Taycan. Honestly, going from a GT to an A5 that doesnt even have half the features of the GT is abysmal.
It is such a frustrating thing. Who do you complain to and who can you demand a car from? Audi Leicester have been pretty dire in terms of customer service, especially considering that over the last 2 years I have spent £200k with them! It is a warranty repair, I don't see how they can't provide a car that would be more suitable as they are charging it to VW group anyway!

· Registered
173 Posts
What would people expect as a suitable car for a loaner? I don't have the wording in front of me, but perhaps they believe a suitable car is a 'luxury car' and that's defined as an Audi (luxury dealer), vs. giving you a Ford and they pay for the rental (which has happened to me before.)

Would an R8 be comparable? or even if they had them to loan, would everyone feel comfortable driving it? (parking it?) Or an A7 would be nice, but what dealership can afford to keep a fleet of A7s available for long term for warranty work? Guessing Q3 and Q5, with the random Q7 thrown in here or there would be most prevalent. Sure, they're not equivalent to the GT, but it's better than a random 2 door rental from a non-luxury brand.

· Registered
68 Posts
What would people expect as a suitable car for a loaner? I don't have the wording in front of me, but perhaps they believe a suitable car is a 'luxury car' and that's defined as an Audi (luxury dealer), vs. giving you a Ford and they pay for the rental (which has happened to me before.)

Would an R8 be comparable? or even if they had them to loan, would everyone feel comfortable driving it? (parking it?) Or an A7 would be nice, but what dealership can afford to keep a fleet of A7s available for long term for warranty work? Guessing Q3 and Q5, with the random Q7 thrown in here or there would be most prevalent. Sure, they're not equivalent to the GT, but it's better than a random 2 door rental from a non-luxury brand.
A like for like car in my view is simply a car valued at a similar price point to the car being repaired.

· Registered
22 GT
150 Posts
When you bring your 911T into the P-car store for service, they give you a Macan. Just like the guy who brought in a Macan for service. And it's very likely that you will wait longer for an appointment which includes a service loaner than an appointment which includes a ride to the rail station.

· Registered
2 Posts
2022 eTron GT 16 months old ~8000 miles then heater stopped working. Figured it was a glitch, power cycled, no luck.
In to dealer on Jan 25th, says "at least 2 weeks" for part they know of 20 high voltage heaters on back order, none in US will need to get from Europe. Porsche dealer in same lot as Audi says Taycans having same issues with just as many off the road.
Too cold to drive here right now (Northeast US) without heat. Got a loaner, will have to buy gas for first time in over a year! Appreciate everyone sharing their experience, will update with any news.

· Registered
15 Posts
A like for like car in my view is simply a car valued at a similar price point to the car being repaired.
I agree, something in a similar price bracket.

The GT is supposedly one of the Audi "marquee" cars. I was prepared for the fact, forgetting the taycan for a moment, it being new to the brand the car may have some issues but I guess I also expected that we would be treated better. After my experience (heater has failed twice on me in 19k miles amongst other faults), I find it hard to recommend the brand after what I feel is substandard treatment, even though I love the cat when it works!

· Registered
e-tron GT Vorsprung Kemora Grey
186 Posts
I was told quite honestly by my dealer that it was a random allocation from Audi UK's rental partners, and that it could be an A1! She said it some owners had got an A5, some an A4, one got lucky and got an e-tron but the rest had A3 or smaller. So that's why I kept and am still driving my car. I'm no snob but an A1 is not an equivalent car.
The dealers forecourt is full of second hand e-trons and even some GT - for such a widespread issue given the lack of any timeframe for repair (I'm now at one month and my dealer reports they've had no parts in for any cars yet, even those out of action since October), Audi UK should be prepared to cover the dealers financial loss for providing customers with a similar sized/featured car from the forecourt.

A comparison was made with Porsche....if I was a Taycan owner and was offered a Macan loaner I'd take it - totally different comparison than potentially ending up with an A1.

· Registered
68 Posts
I was told quite honestly by my dealer that it was a random allocation from Audi UK's rental partners, and that it could be an A1! She said it some owners had got an A5, some an A4, one got lucky and got an e-tron but the rest had A3 or smaller. So that's why I kept and am still driving my car. I'm no snob but an A1 is not an equivalent car.
The dealers forecourt is full of second hand e-trons and even some GT - for such a widespread issue given the lack of any timeframe for repair (I'm now at one month and my dealer reports they've had no parts in for any cars yet, even those out of action since October), Audi UK should be prepared to cover the dealers financial loss for providing customers with a similar sized/featured car from the forecourt.

A comparison was made with Porsche....if I was a Taycan owner and was offered a Macan loaner I'd take it - totally different comparison than potentially ending up with an A1.
I may decide to take my car back and just deal with the cold until Audi inform me that they have the parts they need to fix the heating.
My only concern with that is whether Audi will essentially 'forget' about my car (out of sight, out of mind) once its out of their dealership and not bother informing me when the part is in?

· Registered
28 Posts
I may decide to take my car back and just deal with the cold until Audi inform me that they have the parts they need to fix the heating.
My only concern with that is whether Audi will essentially 'forget' about my car (out of sight, out of mind) once its out of their dealership and not bother informing me when the part is in?
I thought the same about taking it back, but now I have an Etron Suv I assume the dealer wants that back ASAP so will at least keep me front and centre. Mine has been at the dealers 8 weeks now. Had 2 calls from AudiUk this week one said parts due week 3, then 2 days later said they don't know when they are coming. Its a complete farce. Not sure if we should be shouting to the motoring press to pick this up?

· Registered
68 Posts
I thought the same about taking it back, but now I have an Etron Suv I assume the dealer wants that back ASAP so will at least keep me front and centre. Mine has been at the dealers 8 weeks now. Had 2 calls from AudiUk this week one said parts due week 3, then 2 days later said they don't know when they are coming. Its a complete farce. Not sure if we should be shouting to the motoring press to pick this up?
8 weeks?! How Audi could have allowed this to happen is beyond me. Not being a snob here, but I really don't want to be paying £840 per month lease for an A5.

· Registered
22 GT
150 Posts
Taycan Turbo S might retail in the neighborhood of $225k. A loaner Macan isn't even $60k. They're not exactly comparable vehicles.

BTW, I've been given a Toyota Corolla rental at the P-car store when they've run out of loaners. And I've also had Macans for months on end. Having to return and a get a different one every two weeks due to "policies."

As they say, the grass isn't always greener.

And just to roll in one more thought... last year Audi sold more etron GTs than A7s in the US. Their bread and butter is entry-level sedans and suvs. That's what is going to be in the loaner fleet.

· Registered
14 Posts
Mine failed on Dec 11. Was frustrated with the Q5 loaner, so took it back. Have been driving my GT for a month or so, used a heater from amazon that plugs into the 12v outlet. Got a call from my dealer yesterday, saying they received the replacement part in stock! Taking it in on Monday. Will follow up when I get it back.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts