Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Enron is a week old. I have minimal heat from the hvac unit. Blows room temperature regarding I crank it up. Going to service tomorrow but has experienced this issue?
Also sometimes apple CarPlay doesn’t work

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Enron is a week old. I have minimal heat from the hvac unit. Blows room temperature regarding I crank it up. Going to service tomorrow but has experienced this issue?

Thanks
I haven't had to use my heat too much, but have you made sure that the A/C button is on? I had this issue on a previous PHEV I owned when I realized that there is no engine heat so the way I have to turn on the heater was by making sure the A/C was on at all times. Not sure if it's the same with the e-tron, but maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I haven't had to use my heat too much, but have you made sure that the A/C button is on? I had this issue on a previous PHEV I owned when I realized that there is no engine heat so the way I have to turn on the heater was by making sure the A/C was on at all times. Not sure if it's the same with the e-tron, but maybe worth a try?
The cabin conditioning system in the E Tron does not work that way. Typical heating is performed by a heat pump. The heat pump is activated by the ON/OFF button on the display. The A/C button activates a system that performs two functions. When it is turned on, it will ALWAYS first cool down the air to dehumidify the air. Then, the heat pump will heat up the air as necessary to provide the desired temperature. The A/C performs a secondary function of "cooling", in cases where the ambient temperature is higher than the desired temperature. If your Cabin Conditioning system is turned on, but the A/C is turned off, the heater still works to heat the cabin, but the air will not be dehumidified. In fact, the most efficient way to drive in cold weather, in cases where the ambient air is dry enough, is to turn off the A/C; otherwise the car wastes energy by running both the A/C, to unnecessarily dehumidify the air. and the heat pump, to warm it up. So, if your cabin conditioning system is turned ON, your heat pump will work regardless of whether the A/C is on or off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks
Car in the shop for 3 months. They didn’t know how to diagnose the problem. It’s fixed now but what a pain

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did they do to fix it?
They had to replace a valve. At first they had no clue what the problem was. Then the wrong part was sent. Then it was the Christmas break in Germany, then Germany sent two more parts and hoped it would fix the problem.
So I have heat now. Big warranty bill as well. Now my sunroof doesn’t work.

·
Registered
March/21 e-tron 55 Vorsprung
9 Posts
I have a similar issue with the heating. There was a time when it wouldn’t heat the cabin at all under any combination of auto/manual/AC on/AC off. Had to stop and use the pre-heat facility.

Now, on Auto, even when the temperature is set to HI, I get a trickle of warming air, even in cold weather.

When Auto is turned off, I can turn the fan up and heat up the cabin quite quickly, the have to switch to Auto for it to just maintain that temperature.

My expectation of Auto is you set the desired temperature and it should do it’s best to get the cabin to that temp fast, then slow down to maintain that target temperature? Or am I expecting too much?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts