Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I picked up my Glacier White Premium back in Jan 2020. So glad I found this group!

This is my first EV and my first Audi. Getting one in January wasn't the best way to jump into things, the cold weather serious added to my range anxiety. Of course, the range never been a problem! By April I was feeling better and by now it's just great to drive.

I'm going to get going and post some questions around here. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @audifan. I drove the Tesla X and the Jaguar iPace. I really enjoyed the drive in the X, the iPace too, but I loved the e-tron.

As a factor in my buying decision, I took range off the table... I hadn't driven out much of town in two years, and the 200 mile range of the e-tron would get me anywhere I needed to be, all day long. This is also our second car... so we road-trip in my wife's ICE vehicle.

Price, fit-and-finish, and technology were my major factors. Audi crushed it on price... between tax credits and end-of-the-year incentives from Audi, Jaguar was still $15K more. While a new X was in my price range, I just couldn't get myself to spend at least $90K on the Tesla when I could have everything I wanted for almost $30K less. Audi also set the bar in fit-and-finish. I didn't feel that Jag or Tesla were as tight or high-quality as Audi. As for technology, Audi is great and beats anyone out there, except Tesla. Technology (and a bit more range, admittedly) is the one thing that still has me occasionally pricing out a new X or looking around at slightly used ones.

Long winded answer!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Honda Pilot. It was serving well... but I had the electric itch for some time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks @audifan. I drove the Tesla X and the Jaguar iPace. I really enjoyed the drive in the X, the iPace too, but I loved the e-tron.

As a factor in my buying decision, I took range off the table... I hadn't driven out much of town in two years, and the 200 mile range of the e-tron would get me anywhere I needed to be, all day long. This is also our second car... so we road-trip in my wife's ICE vehicle.

Price, fit-and-finish, and technology were my major factors. Audi crushed it on price... between tax credits and end-of-the-year incentives from Audi, Jaguar was still $15K more. While a new X was in my price range, I just couldn't get myself to spend at least $90K on the Tesla when I could have everything I wanted for almost $30K less. Audi also set the bar in fit-and-finish. I didn't feel that Jag or Tesla were as tight or high-quality as Audi. As for technology, Audi is great and beats anyone out there, except Tesla. Technology (and a bit more range, admittedly) is the one thing that still has me occasionally pricing out a new X or looking around at slightly used ones.

Long winded answer!
Good to see you did your homework. I really liked the Tesla but not the build quality issues they're known for. What more would you want from the e-Tron in future years? Because being a top seller it is in Europe, I'm sure Audi is ONLY getting started!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts